Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,380 Posts
I don't think any of the front visibility lights are on the checker. The "logic" being you can see if they are out at night.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Being I am former Motor T in the Corps, I still to this day do what we called First Echelon with my vehicles. Some may call it a "pre-flight check" or some other nick name.

At least once a week I start my vehicle, turn on all lights, including hazards, and take a walk around the vehicle, looking for cracked lenses, dim or burned out lights. Check the appearance of tires, loose mirrors, etc. . Takes seconds to walk around so the "I don't have time" doesn't apply. If your departure time is based on seconds, you need to adjust your schedule.

I also do checks while on the road. My favorite way to check all front lights is to pull up behind a pickup truck at a red light and turn on my lights. That tailgate makes a pretty darn good mirror. Same thing with back lights. While backing out of a space in a parking garage, if there is a pickup behind me, I again use the tailgate and check my rear lights.

When I learned this vehicle has the notification system, I thought it was a great idea. Still doesn't break me from my old habits, though. I even thought of pulling a bulb to see what code is thrown but decided against it. With my luck I'd break the bulb or the connector...

But because of the OP's original post, I am now curious as to what bulbs are monitored. I assumed ALL bulbs, being the code for monitoring is pretty simple; all bulbs have a certain resistance in the circuit when good, a blown bulb has zero (or near) resistance, when zero or out of spec, throw the code. I'm assuming the code is something like that, I don't know. Could be based on voltage or amps.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Page 198 of the owner's manual describes which lights are monitored by the canbus system. All of the exterior lights with the exception of the fog lights are on the list and it also includes trailer lights (if equipped). There is a rear fog light (non US models) on the list. Maybe FCA considers the fog lighs to be parking lights???? Anyway, check out pape 198 (2015 model), might be different page for newer models but it should be close to 198.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts