Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please keep in mind I have no idea how anything works in a car and I’m just trying my best to find an answer.

i currently bottomed out on low maintenance road and smashed my AC compressor.. I bought the part but I have yet to fix it. It is getting colder out and so when I went to turn my heat on it was fine. My windows defrosted just fine. The other day I turned on my heat again it smelled like burning plastic. It was intolerable so I turned off my heat and rolled the window down.
I’m not sure if this has something to do with the fact that my compressor is busted or maybe it’s another issue. Any ideas on what it could be?

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
932 Posts
Based on your opening statement, you need to get the vehicle looked at by someone with more knowledge. I find it difficult to believe you hit something hard enough to smash the AC compressor and still have a drivable vehicle. So many things would be damaged in such an incident. Are you sure it's the compressor that got busted? Maybe the AC condenser? I'd love to have you post a photo of the damage.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
932 Posts
I'll add: If you have smashed the compressor, its drive belt may be slipping and causing the burning plastic smell. It could also be so many other things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll add: If you have smashed the compressor, its drive belt may be slipping and causing the burning plastic smell. It could also be so many other things.
Hey so currently working I can get a picture later tonight. I turned on my heat last night to show a friend the smell and my car started rumbling and my headlights were flicking. Maybe an electrical issue ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts