Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Jeepers
I am considering a 2022 renegade altitude with the convenience and the sun sound and wheel package
current Mini Cooper s driver
looking for small compact SUV.
I know some balk at the Toaster style Renegade but I love it.
question is
1 reliable? yes or no
2 would you buy again or avoid due to mechanical and or body issues
3 if you owned a different SUV what would it be

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2020 4x4 Trailhawk 1.3L Turbo
46 Posts
thanks. so no due to reliability?? also looking at the Subaru Forester wilderness edition. do not want to have mechanical problems. My mini very reliable just too low to the ground
Transmission work twice and hesitates. 2020 Trailhawk 1.3 turbo. 32,000. Bought new. Other then that, it's great. Just worry about the transmission.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well concerning the Renegade specifically, they only offer the MySky option for suburban masochists. It's not for normal people who want to love their vehicle. MySky/Sunroof is probably the #1 reason why people hate their Renegade or, painfully love it, same same. XD. Seems to break at least 50% of the time and who knows long term!? Oldest Rene only being 7-8 years old currently.

Jay
thanks. I get it. I love the size. like small cars. most off road would be the beach. local drive and occasional highway. I have read many mixed reviews on crash safety and reliability. enjoy yours

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Do NOT for the love of God get any sort of sunroof.
That was true for the MySky sunroof. Not necessarily for the Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof.

The current Sun and Sound Group option includes the Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof. Completely different design -- seals debris and crap out much better, for one thing -- and I haven't seen many complaints about it here.

I've got that on my 2021 Trailhawk, mainly for the Premium Sound System. I don't use the sunroof much, so can't vouch personally for the reliability.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was true for the MySky sunroof. Not necessarily for the Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof.

The current Sun and Sound Group option includes the Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof. Completely different design -- seals debris and crap out much better, for one thing -- and I haven't seen many complaints about it here.

I've got that on my 2021 Trailhawk, mainly for the Premium Sound System. I don't use the sunroof much, so can't vouch personally for the reliability.
any other advice complaints etc about getting. looking at either the altitude with sun sound and when and convenience or the limited with sun sound wheel. thoughts on your purchase? regrets? etc. seemed to narrow down to this or Subaru forrester

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
any other advice complaints etc about getting. looking at either the altitude with sun sound and when and convenience or the limited with sun sound wheel. thoughts on your purchase? regrets? etc.
I don't see where the LED headlights are any kind of option for 2022. I got those as part of the Luxury Group III package in 2021. Great headlights.

The stock halogen headlights? Not so much. Their performance didn't impress me when I was first looking at Renegades at the dealer. And a lot of people seem to agree here...

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Renegade Altitude 1.3L 4WD
49 Posts
I’ve had 3 only minor issues so far (melted fog lights in my 2017, Blown Beats Subwoofer in my 2019) so far I’m loving my 2022 Altitude. I’m the type of person who doesn’t mind having a payment and likes knowing my vehicles are always under warranty. First two I traded basically right before the 3/36 warranty expired and I was blessed to have the dealership give me a 5/60 bumper to bumper on my 2022, so unless something major changes and I’m sucked into another upgrade I foresee this one being with me the longest yet. I read about issues here and there, but I don’t hear to many issues that are consistent outside of the my sky of course.

Reactions: Zeeks jeep

·
Registered
1 Posts
Absolutely not! I've had nothing but problems with my 2017 Renegade since I bought it, and I still owe $21,000.00 on it! It had a dead battery three days after I bought it. I also had to spend another $37.00.00 having my #2 cylinder replaced and now it's got a lower seal oil leak. I plan on getting rid of it as soon as possible and I'll never buy another product from Jeep again!! I used to like Jeeps. Thanks, Jeep!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Absolutely not! I've had nothing but problems with my 2017 Renegade since I bought it, and I still owe $21,000.00 on it! It had a dead battery three days after I bought it. I also had to spend another $37.00.00 having my #2 cylinder replaced and now it's got a lower seal oil leak. I plan on getting rid of it as soon as possible and I'll never buy another product from Jeep again!! I used to like Jeeps. Thanks, Jeep!!
Thank you. I have decided joy yo buy. Too many negatives.
Subaru Forester or Mini Countryman are what I narrowed down to
Sorry about your situation

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 reliable? yes or no
YES. I bought this new in 2015, the first year they were made. It still looks and drives like new. NO big problems, and I DO get it regularly maintained.

Just to be safe, I got a (transferrable) lifetime warranty (since I've driven toyotas before and was concerned). I have only used that coverage once.

2 would you buy again? YES. I'd love en electric one.

3 if you owned a different SUV what would it be? Electric Renegade (they have them, I believe, in Europe).

Mine is an LE, with leather seats, great sound system, and sunroof. I have had NO trouble with the sunroof. It does squeak a bit when it is in the sun for a LONG time. But that is all. I love it. It closes easily even when driving high speed.

NOTE 1: I use mid-grade gas. It tried it once right after I got it, and I found the car ran much smoother.
NOTE 2: I love the design, but felt it needed a little something (like a Mini Cooper has options for). On my white Rav I added RED door handles (buy on Amazon, they peal and stick on). Make a great difference!!!
Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

You are welcome.

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Trailhawk
1 Posts
Hello Jeepers
I am considering a 2022 renegade altitude with the convenience and the sun sound and wheel package
current Mini Cooper s driver
looking for small compact SUV.
I know some balk at the Toaster style Renegade but I love it.
question is
1 reliable? yes or no
2 would you buy again or avoid due to mechanical and or body issues
3 if you owned a different SUV what would it be

thanks in advance
1) don’t know yet just bought a Trailhawk
2) would buy again if it proves itself
3) had an FJ cruiser before I bought this and it was an awesome vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 reliable? yes or no
YES. I bought this new in 2015, the first year they were made. It still looks and drives like new. NO big problems, and I DO get it regularly maintained.

Just to be safe, I got a (transferrable) lifetime warranty (since I've driven toyotas before and was concerned). I have only used that coverage once.

2 would you buy again? YES. I'd love en electric one.

3 if you owned a different SUV what would it be? Electric Renegade (they have them, I believe, in Europe).

Mine is an LE, with leather seats, great sound system, and sunroof. I have had NO trouble with the sunroof. It does squeak a bit when it is in the sun for a LONG time. But that is all. I love it. It closes easily even when driving high speed.

NOTE 1: I use mid-grade gas. It tried it once right after I got it, and I found the car ran much smoother.
NOTE 2: I love the design, but felt it needed a little something (like a Mini Cooper has options for). On my white Rav I added RED door handles (buy on Amazon, they peal and stick on). Make a great difference!!!
View attachment 2396354696
You are welcome.
love the look. enjoy!
I hear so many negative comments about jeep in general. I am afraid to pull the trigger.
likely will go with the Subaru Forester wilderness pckage
enjoy

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I hear so many negative comments about jeep in general. I am afraid to pull the trigger.
Well, remember that 1) all vehicles have some problems; and 2) it's the people that have those problems who are the most vocal, and that you hear the most from. (Like, the guy in Post #15 showed up here exactly once, just to drop a grenade about the Renegade.)

I've had a couple minor software issues with my 2021 Traihawk -- al fixed under warranty. But other than that it's been great.

I lamented in Post #13 that the current Renegade apparently doesn't offer LED headlights as an option. I personally wouldn't buy a new vehicle that didn't have either HID or LED headlights -- and that I'd tried out first at the dealer. So for me, the current Renegade would be off the table.

That having been said, I would certainly not buy a used Renegade with the MySky sunroof...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
thanks. I am not amenable to no led lights either. I have taken renegade off the table. appreciate the input
All that having been said, notice that the Minis in general (and Countryman specifically) have pretty-abysmal reliability ratings. Subaru Forester? Not bad... sort of middle-of-the-road...

It's all statistics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes it is. I have driven mini brand for 12 years. first year 2010 was terrible. needed anew engine less than 4 years in. all the others super reliable. just dont want to end up in the shop. if I were to get a jeep would go with the compass. has the amenities I need. in the end the headlights are a deal breaker for me along with some other minor equipment issues

1 - 20 of 24 Posts