Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sport 1.4L Turbo 6MT 4WD
5 Posts
I was disappointed with my 15 Subaru Legacy. It has had more visits to the dealer for warranty work and recalls than many of my other vehicles and has burned oil from the beginning. Subaru accepts oil consumption as normal. My neighbor has had a few Subaru's as well, never last very long on his driveway. They are not terrible, just not as great as some fans make them out to be. I just bought my Reny used a few weeks ago so the jury is still out on Jeep.

As someone who learned to drive in the dark ages (80s with incandescent bulbs), today's halogens are just fine for me. :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
As someone who learned to drive in the dark ages (80s with incandescent bulbs), today's halogens are just fine for me. :)
Oh, yeah? Well, I learned to drive in the apparently pre-dark ages -- 1970s; with, yes, non-halogen bulbs.

But since then, two things (at least) have happened. First, I spent 14 years of my life -- on and off -- living and driving in Europe, where I learned what good headlights were.

And second, I got old. :rolleyes: And with my eyes now, good HID or LED headlights are a non-negotiable...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Oh, yeah? Well, I learned to drive in the apparently pre-dark ages -- 1970s; with, yes, non-halogen bulbs.

But since then, two things (at least) have happened. First, I spent 14 years of my life -- on and off -- living and driving in Europe, where I learned what good headlights were.

And second, I got old. :rolleyes: And with my eyes now, good HID or LED headlights are a non-negotiable...
agree. I need to see at night. I am old as well. I have had led lights in my mini for years and there is no comparison. driving the NC mountains on vacation or by the beach at night good headlights are a must

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Jeepers
I am considering a 2022 renegade altitude with the convenience and the sun sound and wheel package
current Mini Cooper s driver
looking for small compact SUV.
I know some balk at the Toaster style Renegade but I love it.
question is
1 reliable? yes or no
2 would you buy again or avoid due to mechanical and or body issues
3 if you owned a different SUV what would it be

thanks in advance
1. Yes, so far 2017 w/120k
2. Again
3. Cherokee, Subaru except scared of the cvt trans.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts