Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Calling all Latitudes!

5K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Gatorade 
#1 ·
Hi Friends,

I was wondering what kind of upgrades and customizations you decided on for the latitude. Did yours come stocked with some features from the dealer, or did you order yours online? I would love to see all the different combinations and even additional mods.

My Specs:

- fwd
-2.4L engine
-roof rails
-black ex/in
-window tint

#2 ·
I picked up a Latitude only because it was the closest I could get to a Trailhawk while maintining the god-given right to select the gear I see fit. That said, most of my modification plans center around turning it into an eventual "Trailitude" hybrid. This includes some more aggressive, white lettered 28"+ tires, blacking out the roof, dechroming the grill and eventually swapping out the front lower bumper for the much nicer looking trailhawk one. I really can't stand the one it came with. A faux front splitter 12" above the road on a Jeep is sort of annoying.
I do love the rest of the thing and am totally happy with the driveline as is. I haven't had a chance to try the sand and snow settings yet but had a blast flying around a construction site a few weeks ago using the mud setting. Even with the stock tires it just would not get stuck and really felt in its element.

Currently:
Smurf blue 1.4T Latitude with no additional options.

Added:
RR 1" wheel spacers
Mopar Slush mats (all four)
Plastidipped front "Jeep" logo

-Jason

#8 ·
The snow, sand and mud settings are part of the 4x4 system. Honestly I can see how the computer can make changes like that with an automatic (shift points, starting gear, etc.) but with a manual all I can imagine the switch controls is maybe the ignition timing or throttle response. I wouldn't be surprised if its main function is just to change the little Renegade picture in the dash (It shows a Renegade driving through whatever terrain you chose with the dial).

I got the full four piece set of actual Jeep slush mats from Renegade Ready. They had the best price.

Thanks. I need to do a little more R&D regarding what I actually will need to do the front end swap before I dive in to it. I'm pretty sure I'll be going for the "European" look without the tow hooks only because they are ungodly expensive.

-Jason

#6 ·
Got the black 1.4 fwd.
Tinted my windows ( 70%). Got the roofrails, black interior and automatic airco. Added some sidebars and ordered a bullbar.
I'd like to chance my exhaust system so i can hear my engine rowr:p
And same here, i wanted to shift myself, i like to drive the car, i dont like it when a car drives me :p and the limited had to many useless options in my eyes.
Pretty happy with my litlle black warrior

#7 ·
I got the 2.4L 9 speed
Black, rear tint
Roof rails
Remote start
Push start
Heated seats
Heated steering wheel
Then all the other fancy sh*t like the backup camera etc that all of the latitude come with.
My first mod will be a factory match tint of the front windows, but honestly I love how it is.

#14 ·
My first mod will be a factory match tint of the front windows, but honestly I love how it is.
I went to the window tinting place to match the tint of the back to my front windows, and the man told me not to do it. He said that it wouldn't be a noticeable difference because the windshield lets in more light and it will never look like the back ones. I had went to this place for my previous car, and loved the tint job. However, I'm perplexed on why he didn't seem to want to do the front windows. He said he would have to strip off then put it on. Maybe it's too much work? Do you think I should try another place?

#9 ·
Omaha Orange, 2.4L, roof rails, dealer install sunroof.
I made some floor mats from some heavy duty carpeting from Home Depot.
I would like to get a trailer hitch installed next spring so that I can haul my road bike rather than squeezing it into the interior.

#10 ·
Mohave Sand, 2.4L, 9 speed with 4x4. Wanted cold weather package for Tahoe area, but closest one with that option was Washington. Got the navigation package for when wife is driving, and the 9 speaker sound system. Basic comuter car for going over Sierras year round and no worrying about chains

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.