Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of your purchase?

Of course here in the states we are limited to "marketing" reviews...no real user reviews.. How about you guys and gals in other countries, what do you think?

Does it live up to the hype? Should we get excited here in the US?

Show some pictures of your Renegade! Maybe post videos of real off-roading!

·
Registered
92 Posts
What do you think of your purchase?

Of course here in the states we are limited to "marketing" reviews...no real user reviews.. How about you guys and gals in other countries, what do you think?

Does it live up to the hype? Should we get excited here in the US?

Show some pictures of your Renegade! Maybe post videos of real off-roading!
You will love it but cannot speak to how it will perform without a turbo diesel. Mine is a 4x4 Limited with the 2.0L 140hp diesel coupled to a 6 speed manual. Great acceleration and pull at almost any speed, especially when the turbo kicks in.

Ride quality and build quality is exceptional, as is the overall fit and finish. I have received numerous compliments and inquiries wanting to know more about the car. Almost everyone who has ridden in it is surprised by the spaciousness, interior layout and overall comfort.

I have had several Jeeps in the past (two Classic Cherokee, several versions of Grand Cherokees and a Liberty) and the Renegade is every bit a Jeep. Yes, it is not a Wrangler but short of hard core off-roading, I have every confidence that the Renegade will take me wherever I want to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,

I've had my Renagade Opening Edition (a fully packed Limited 2.0 140 hp Diesel with manual transmission) for a month now and been driving it for about 4000 km so far. I mostly use it for commute to work in town 25 km away. It's a plesure to make that ride every morning and evening. It's very comfortable with low noise in the cabin, a really nice sound system and a perfekt view over the traffic. The instrumentation with the 7" display makes it easy to quick get the desired information you need. The driveline is very smooth and has power enough to get you going. Actually without the famous diesel-ticking at low speeds and exceptionally quiet att highway speed.
We went for a trip from the south of Sweden up to the snowy mountains of Trysil in Norway. We went through all kinds of winter conditions on that trip. From heavily snowing on the highway, to really icy roads closer to Trysil. The last miles up to the High Mountain Center and the cabin was a steep road with ice under and fresh snow upon it. So our new Renegade had to show what it was made of! And I must say – we are impressed! There was no hesitation from the car, it just went on as if it was a dry sunny summer road! We just looking forward to the next trip on snow and ice!

Over the years I've been driving a lot of different car brands and models, ie. BMW, Audi, VW, Dodge, Opel, Ford, Saab, Volvo and recently a Kia Sportage. This is my first Jeep and I think I will stick to it for a while now. Looking forward to the boat season when I will use it to pull my 21 foot daycruiser in and out of the sea.

Br, Kent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.