Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about the safety camera warning on the satnav, have the box ticked, but only warning I get is that irritating 'the speed limit is.....'?,not specifically at cameras, have read somewhere your supposed to go into settings and turn the volume up, but I'm at 20 already and not hearing Diddly!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Anyone know anything about the safety camera warning on the satnav, have the box ticked, but only warning I get is that irritating 'the speed limit is.....'?,not specifically at cameras, have read somewhere your supposed to go into settings and turn the volume up, but I'm at 20 already and not hearing Diddly!!
I have no idea about "safety" camera warnings, there are none near me, but you can turn the irritating 'the speed limit is, off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you're running 15.21.37, then this is one of the many bugs in it. I got mine downgraded to 15.04.31, cause they work in that. It seems there's a load of settings that report they're on (like the speed camera's) but they're actually off. So if you want them on in 15.21.37, you're going to have to turn them off, then on again BEFORE EVERY TRIP!

That said, I believe TomTom Live is now up and running through the UConnect iOS app, and you apparently get speed camera warnings through that. I'm not sure as I don't have this, as I said I'm on 15.04.31 which doesn't have TomTom Live integration.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Spoke to TomTom today about sometinhg else but did also ask about this. Cameras will, according to them, only make warngin noise if route is planned and the voice guidance is active. I hate this as I want to hear the camera warning at all times, whether I have a route planned in or not and I most certainly don't want that voice keep interrupting to tell me where to turn. He's not sure why TomTom went down this path but apparently that is the way on all new TomTom units

·
Registered
269 Posts
With camera safety warnings on, I do get the camera beep without having a route planned.
I think whoever you spoke to was talking bollocks!
Ah edited to note, I am talking about the sat nav (it is tom tom I am pretty certain) that's integrated into the head unit on the UK trailhawk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.