Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The huge front end of the rene trailhawk makes it hard to see and would benefit from a front view camera. anyone added one?
If you ever do any off road crawling The design of the rene makes seeing what's in front impossible and I was hoping some of you had tackled this issue so I could learn the best fix.
Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Get a front view capable camera and a 3" screen, or rearview mirror that snaps over the factory one with a back up camera screen built in. Wire the front facing camera to an ignition 12v or to a switch, and then you can reference the image if you need to when you want.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get a front view capable camera and a 3" screen, or rearview mirror that snaps over the factory one with a back up camera screen built in. Wire the front facing camera to an ignition 12v or to a switch, and then you can reference the image if you need to when you want.
thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping I could use the on dash display like for the back up camera. I'll have to look on the net to see what is available that is a good idea

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
if u have a 6.5 uconnect u can get the RAX jailbreak - the silver edition i think -- comes with a wire harness to add more cams
it allows u to type while u are moving and add cams front rear cargo whatever u want and have it run on screen all the time and does a few other things i think

look it up - its not cheapy but looks shweet

·
Registered
76 Posts
PHP:
thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping I could use the on dash display like for the back up camera. I'll have to look on the net to see what is available that is a good idea
If the factory back up camera is canbus (data), then you'll need to find an exterior option or a module that will integrate into the factory system (like the above mentioned one by another member). If it is not data then you can tap the video feed into the wire coming from the back up camera, and then add a switch and a diode to make the radio think that the car is in reverse. I don't think this is possible, because I'm almost positive that its going to be through data.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if u have a 6.5 uconnect u can get the RAX jailbreak - the silver edition i think -- comes with a wire harness to add more cams
it allows u to type while u are moving and add cams front rear cargo whatever u want and have it run on screen all the time and does a few other things i think

look it up - its not cheapy but looks shweet
Thanks. I have the 6.5 uconnect system but I find no mention of 6.5 on the net only 8.4?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PHP:
If the factory back up camera is canbus (data), then you'll need to find an exterior option or a module that will integrate into the factory system (like the above mentioned one by another member). If it is not data then you can tap the video feed into the wire coming from the back up camera, and then add a switch and a diode to make the radio think that the car is in reverse. I don't think this is possible, because I'm almost positive that its going to be through data.
I'm sure its doable I will figure away. All that is needed is an auxiliary video input which I'm sure it has so a did [player can be added in the back
thanks for the ideas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone figured it out how to install front camera on Renegade?
I have the 2020 Trailhawk. So i guess i have the newest Uconnect

1 - 14 of 14 Posts