Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Renegade
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I’m brand new to the Jeep renegade world (had the car for 10 days, was rear ended and legit got the car back 5 days ago!) and in my stupid fluster at 5am I went over a mound of ice about a foot tall at 8 mph. Can I hurt my suspension? How do I know if car is ok? It rocked down hard and quick since I didn’t realize I was on it but I know it is an off roaring vehicle and I’m probably just paranoid but want to know if it’s something to worry about or shake off. The car looks fine!

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
532 Posts
not to worry, if all is running well. 12" is no big deal for a renegade

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
That why Jeeps have shockabsorbers to absorb the load and impact of your ice mound.

I agree with Jeff in the post above. :D

Should you feel you have developed any issues then let us know before going to the garage (y)

·
Registered
23 Posts
youre definitely fine. you really have nothing to worry about. if there was anything happening, you would know asap. since you havnt: its still in tip top performance.

·
Super Moderator
3,500 Posts
At 8mph you are probably fine. That kind of thing, if you didn't hit bits of the vehicle on the ice mound, would at worst kill a seal on a shock, and that would be evidenced by the shock leaking.

·
Registered
991 Posts
You can do some self-checks; while driving down the road, slightly release your grip on the steering wheel, being mindful of road crown, see if it pulls quickly to the left/right, try it on several roads. If yes, get your alignment checked. Look at your steering wheel while driving, Does is shimmy ? If yes, have the wheels balanced. With both front windows down, AC/Heat off, radio off, drive over a speed bump. Notice any squeaks/chirps/grinding ? If yes, have front linkage checked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts