Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did it.

Well, The search for a NAV solution for the 5.0 goes on. I do hope that it is an option that you can just turn on, but I doubt that. I did call the LockPick people and they are really great. They agreed to help me try one and mailed me one to test. I put it in (which is ULTRA simple by the way!!) and it didn't work. We discovered that it is a Fiat radio, which has a completely different interface. They are working on the solution. I will keep you posted. They are very optimistic that they will be able to make it work.
I changed the 5.0 to a 6.5 navigation very easily.
Dealer told me it would cost between 5 and 7 thousand dollars to add a navigation radio to my Jeep. So I bought a donor 6.5 on eBay for $560. Installed it in a 2016 renegade latitude. Everything worked except volume control, and the odometer blinked. I called Jeep and they told me to take it to a dealer and they would make the computer “communicate” with the new radio. They said the charge would be anywhere from $0 to $50. I went and they had four other ‘upgrades’ for the car software which would be no charge. Got to dealer and they told me I would be charged ½ hour labor for my part. Time was 1 hour for all the upgrades and they charged Mopar 11 hours labor for the other upgrades. (?) They still charged me $69.95 labor, $7 shop accessories, and tax. Everything worked as it should when I left and still is so I figure it will. I am satisfied. OH, the bezel will not fit and a new one is $112 plus tax. So I have a navigation 6.5 radio in my 2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude for less than $750.00 and am satisfied. Be sure you get the donor VIN in case you have to update software on radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Read 'em and weep! It was a wait, but it was worth it! I have a Renegade Red Limited, that sadly came with the Uconnect 5.0 which I hated to be honest. I heard of various problems with the Uconnect 6.5 in this car also. So, indeed, I went OEM factory replacement direct fit headunit, and it went like a charm! Yes, including rev-cam view on the lovely 7.0" TFT screen, and yes, audio controls on steering wheel all working nicely. It feels like a new car to be honest! Lovely colors as opposed to boring black&white too. Jeep really oughta be less cheap, particularly on the so-called de luxe Limited models.
What unit was this? I’m interested!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you want to use Google Maps on your Uconnect all you have to do is down Android Auto for android. Plug your phone into one of the USB ports in the Renegade. The Uconnect will put an Android Auto icon on your Uconnect screen. Touch it and your phone will display Android Auto and a swipe up arrow to launch. You can then touch the little map iconon uConnect and there you go. Google Maps on your Uconnect screen. A little unknown secret at least at my dealership if you have the knob for your radio down on the right side of center counsel to tune radio, if you turn that while the map is up it will zoom you in and out just by turning the knob.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you want to use Google Maps on your Uconnect all you have to do is down Android Auto for android. Plug your phone into one of the USB ports in the Renegade. The Uconnect will put an Android Auto icon on your Uconnect screen. Touch it and your phone will display Android Auto and a swipe up arrow to launch. You can then touch the little map iconon uConnect and there you go. Google Maps on your Uconnect screen. A little unknown secret at least at my dealership if you have the knob for your radio down on the right side of center counsel to tune radio, if you turn that while the map is up it will zoom you in and out just by turning the knob.
Depends on your uConnect. Mine doesn't do that....

21 - 27 of 27 Posts