Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new Uconnect installed by my dealer. Forgot that I'd lose ALL my GPS info. Seems like if there's a way to pump updates IN to this beast there should be a way to get them back OUT in case of failure. It would make sense, but I'm guessing there isn't a way to do this.....

BTW...new Uconnect doesn't....and has to go back to dealer. Everything transferred except the Uconnect communications. Third time in the shop for this little box...."cannot connect to server" ...my Case Manager is handling this. Dealer very helpful and cooperative as always.

Moral of the story: Make sure you have your "stuff" backed up, and...if you're having Uconnect problems, open a case and follow it through!

So, can we back up GPS stuff? (I digressed, sorry!)

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Got the new Uconnect installed by my dealer. Forgot that I'd lose ALL my GPS info. Seems like if there's a way to pump updates IN to this beast there should be a way to get them back OUT in case of failure. It would make sense, but I'm guessing there isn't a way to do this.....

BTW...new Uconnect doesn't....and has to go back to dealer. Everything transferred except the Uconnect communications. Third time in the shop for this little box...."cannot connect to server" ...my Case Manager is handling this. Dealer very helpful and cooperative as always.

Moral of the story: Make sure you have your "stuff" backed up, and...if you're having Uconnect problems, open a case and follow it through!

So, can we back up GPS stuff? (I digressed, sorry!)
And this is an example of why all the fancy featurrific infotainment head units in cars have taken over the initial customer satisfaction surveys. Neither the radio makers, nor the car makers make computers for end users, the car makers have little experience making radios, and the radio makers have little experience integrating stuff into a specific vehicle form a UX/UI experience. It shows.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
SO well put. Especially now that I'm on my third pending appointment for this computer head-end failure to work.

Which leads to what is likely the last issue that gets to customers with these things which is that your local wrench turner is not an IT guy AND they don't have any real control over the device anyway. They just install updates from the dudes who probably never see the actual problems in person.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.