Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Can you retrofit stuff?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  puddlesplasher 
#1 ·
We have bought a 2016 Renegade in the UK and love it. It's loaded with stuff except its missing the pack that gets you a dimming rearview mirror, rain-sensing wipers, and automatic headlights. From the UK you have to speak to Jeep in Italy who are friendly but can't tell you anything at all. They direct you to authorised dealers who don't know much apart from what's on the website. Our two closest are a Mercedes dealer who also does Jeep - but not much and a Fiat dealer who also does Jeep but not much.

​

So, If I buy bits from ebay, like an automatic dimming mirror - can I retrofit this pack or do I need to get into the Uconnect setup. Is that even possible? Has anyone done this sort of thing already?

Thanks

Digby

#2 ·
Unfortunately, it'd probably be easier to sell your Jeep and buy one with all the doo-dads you desire. The only thing that's Plug and Play on these vehicles is when you plug your credit card into the Jeep dealers card reader. That works EVERY time.

#4 ·
If you were to get OEM, good used parts (either from eBay or your local wrecking yard), The harness is usually there and ready to be connected. The problem is, you have to go to the dealer to get them turned on, so-to-speak (program the BCM).
By doing it that way, you actually upgrade your Renegade, because the dealer will show that you have those options available on your Jeep. Almost as if you bought it that way.

#7 ·
My Son did the same with his caras his mate was the technician with the laptop.

He selectively went through the settings and turned on whatever he could and like you it only cost a few beers as payment.

One programme for all the cars in the range and the manufacturer charges an extra couple of $$$k for the sake of having a model with a higher spec by merely clicking on or off.

Now to see what I can get :LOL::LOL::LOL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.