Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I own a '15 renegade latitude, nearly 9k miles on it

Today was the first time I ever hit the panic button :mad:. I had to force everyone around me to enjoy themselves while the renegade sang the song of its people for a full f*cking minute. I tried desperately to make it shut the f up, pressed EVERY button on the fob, started the engine, turned it back off, and NOTHING - it just would NOT shut up. Popped the hood, and without tools tried to pull the battery cable (guess how succesful that was).

anyway it finally jammed a sock in it after about a minute of wailing. Now here is my question

what the F*CK happened. Is there seriously no way to cancel the alarm in case of an accidental trigger????

Thanks

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Don't know. I had it happen to me while it was in my pocket. When the panic "alarm" started wailing, it seemed like forever before I could get it to stop. Can't recall how I got it to stop.

That is one feature I wish I could disable. If I were a woman being attacked, nobody would pay attention to the horn beeping anyway.

Reactions: JustSynthetic.com

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine has gone off a couple of times with my keys in my pocket and leaning against stuff that must have hit the button just right. I opened the door, started the Jeep, turned it off, hit the lock and unlock buttons, and hit the panic button again. I am not sure if it had just run its course or not, but when I hit the panic button again it finally stopped. I am not sure if unhooking the battery would have made it stop, but on mine the ground has a release lever to take it off without any tools.

Erik

·
Registered
26 Posts
Its the Panic button!

If you should sit or accidentally press the panic button, it goes and goes.

You just have to hit the PANIC button to turn it off.. I know crazy idea!

My son set it off 2 time. I guessed it was me, but nope he was sitting on the keys!

Crazy you can unlock and start a can in panic mode????? Carjackers get to drive away!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.