Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Trailhawk (every option except Leather and MySky) back in October 2015. I had a ETA of Feb 2-10th. That ETA was less than the normal 4 month wait, so when my Jeep failed to arrive, I was ok with that. Last week we hit the 4 month mark and I was just informed I will not see my Jeep until mid/late-April. I canceled my order. I am a member of JG, and paid for the tracking, my TH has been in San Diego since just before the new year. It has been in San Diego for the last 8 weeks. I am in Seattle. Why Jeep is unable to get my jeep north is beyond me. Its a 2 day trip via train, on a very common route (up and down the west coast is hundreds of trains a day). I have been searching inventory, and had my dealer do the same. I ordered in October to be one of the first to get a 2016, but now there are several hundred 2016s in the area, just none with my exact options.

The Dealer found one that was close, no Safety/Security Group, but offered it for more money than what we originally agreed too. /sigh. Less options for more money, not gonna happen. Closest match so far is Utah. I have tried to contact Jeep, but they clearly have no interest even talking to me, let alone trying to solve the problem. They only refer me back to the dealer who has been great, except 6+ months is longer than I am willing to wait.

Sadly, I am headed to the car lots again this weekend. After 25 years of owning Jeeps, I may become a Kia owner. I'll let you all know.

- a very frustrated Dailach.

Built Thanksgiving 2015 and placed on a Ship immediately. Sat in GB for a while before heading to San Diego.
Arrived in San Diego just before the new year.
1/11 Status update to 'Transportation Hold in San Diego'
1/30 Status update to 'Arrived at facility' (30 days after it had been unloaded.
2/3 Status to "KZ"
2/9 Status 'Released - ready for next vendor'
2/24 told April 15 -25 is new ETA.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I ordered my Trailhawk (every option except Leather and MySky) back in October 2015. I had a ETA of Feb 2-10th. That ETA was less than the normal 4 month wait, so when my Jeep failed to arrive, I was ok with that. Last week we hit the 4 month mark and I was just informed I will not see my Jeep until mid/late-April. I canceled my order. I am a member of JG, and paid for the tracking, my TH has been in San Diego since just before the new year. It has been in San Diego for the last 8 weeks. I am in Seattle. Why Jeep is unable to get my jeep north is beyond me. Its a 2 day trip via train, on a very common route (up and down the west coast is hundreds of trains a day). I have been searching inventory, and had my dealer do the same. I ordered in October to be one of the first to get a 2016, but now there are several hundred 2016s in the area, just none with my exact options.

The Dealer found one that was close, no Safety/Security Group, but offered it for more money than what we originally agreed too. /sigh. Less options for more money, not gonna happen. Closest match so far is Utah. I have tried to contact Jeep, but they clearly have no interest even talking to me, let alone trying to solve the problem. They only refer me back to the dealer who has been great, except 6+ months is longer than I am willing to wait.

Sadly, I am headed to the car lots again this weekend. After 25 years of owning Jeeps, I may become a Kia owner. I'll let you all know.

- a very frustrated Dailach.

Built Thanksgiving 2015 and placed on a Ship immediately. Sat in GB for a while before heading to San Diego.
Arrived in San Diego just before the new year.
1/11 Status update to 'Transportation Hold in San Diego'
1/30 Status update to 'Arrived at facility' (30 days after it had been unloaded.
2/3 Status to "KZ"
2/9 Status 'Released - ready for next vendor'
2/24 told April 15 -25 is new ETA.
I went through the same thing, but I held out and got my exact car. Ordered in June, arrived in October. It took awhile but I made no compromises. I think you made the wrong choice, and I think you will be severely let down with a Kia. Sorry guy, just trying to be honest.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I just got off the phone from JEEP. No offers to help, not even an apology. He is maintaining that delivery time for all Renegades is 6 months. So, Warning to all the new folks out there. This forum is full of confirmed 4 month deliveries, but apparently that was the past.

@ Rex - I have not purchased anything yet. I am wide open an able to shop options again like I did before ordering. There have been several upgrades in competitive models since last September. Truly, I am being turned off by Jeeps attitude, they just don't seem to care, and what's worse is that they can't even FAKE that they care. Only person I like is the dealer. Also, June to October is the expected 4 months. how would you feel if in October, they said 2 more months?

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
There is a thread in here that helped explain the long wait times once the Jeeps are over here. How they have to wait for freight and train transport schedules. Once they're stuck and waiting for transport there is nothing really Jeep or the dealers can do.
I'll link you to the thread when I have more time.

Sorry about your order!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just got off the phone from JEEP. No offers to help, not even an apology. He is maintaining that delivery time for all Renegades is 6 months. So, Warning to all the new folks out there. This forum is full of confirmed 4 month deliveries, but apparently that was the past.

@ Rex - I have not purchased anything yet. I am wide open an able to shop options again like I did before ordering. There have been several upgrades in competitive models since last September. Truly, I am being turned off by Jeeps attitude, they just don't seem to care, and what's worse is that they can't even FAKE that they care. Only person I like is the dealer. Also, June to October is the expected 4 months. how would you feel if in October, they said 2 more months?
They got a product that you, and a lot of other people, want... Why should they bend over backwards to apologize?

I get it, everyone wants something NOW... Get over it. If u want EXACT then order and wait. If u want now, the. Take what you can find. I was very lucky to find my Sierra blue trailhawk will full mods minus roof. I wanted the roof really bAd, didn't want to wait... Gave it up...

Buy an older wrangler... Wait for renegades to be plentiful... Get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts

Well, I was originally told I would get the car sometime in July or august and then delays and such, and then the car was delivered to the States in September and it sat in Baltimore for a month, so I went through a similar thing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
got mine in 4 months + one week. It actually came in a few weeks before they told me it would. Getting the Jeeps from the port of arrival to the dealers is certainly a problem that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mine was just at 4 months. I ordered Aug 15 and recieved Dec 15 2015. I tried to not get to upspset with the wait. Mine sat in Detroit for a month. My salesman says the wait has to due alot of times to labor unions and their control over shipping schedules. By the way waiting for my black on black 2016 Trailhawk was worth it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
@Dailach

I can certainly understand your frustration. I've voiced numerous complaints over jeeps customer service and lack of information and mis-information. They kept telling my my order was on track and that it's a minimum of 4 months. I knew that it was around 4 months for devliery, but had no faith since information wasn't updating and 4 months was coming up fast. I ordered on 11/10. They gave me an estimated date of arrival at the dealership of 3/6-12, but still telling me it was JB and having additional options and features added, and this was around 2/8. So they had 4 weeks to finish installation, ship, get through customs, ship to dealer, etc. Next thing I know, JeepGarage has it shown up in Baltimore a week later. I contact jeep.com (again) and the ETA changes to 2/20-26. Meanwhile, jeep.com is still telling me it's in JB status. So now it's somehow going to arrive in 4-10 days and still in Italy? JeepGarage was the only one telling me it was in Baltimore. Jeep.com wasn't. It's been frustrating to say the least, but mine did arrive in less than 4 months. I am out of state at the moment and will take delivery late next week.

·
Registered
534 Posts
@Dailach

I can certainly understand your frustration. I've voiced numerous complaints over jeeps customer service and lack of information and mis-information. They kept telling my my order was on track and that it's a minimum of 4 months. I knew that it was around 4 months for devliery, but had no faith since information wasn't updating and 4 months was coming up fast. I ordered on 11/10. They gave me an estimated date of arrival at the dealership of 3/6-12, but still telling me it was JB and having additional options and features added, and this was around 2/8. So they had 4 weeks to finish installation, ship, get through customs, ship to dealer, etc. Next thing I know, JeepGarage has it shown up in Baltimore a week later. I contact jeep.com (again) and the ETA changes to 2/20-26. Meanwhile, jeep.com is still telling me it's in JB status. So now it's somehow going to arrive in 4-10 days and still in Italy? JeepGarage was the only one telling me it was in Baltimore. Jeep.com wasn't. It's been frustrating to say the least, but mine did arrive in less than 4 months. I am out of state at the moment and will take delivery late next week.
their online support is a cluster...
with all the challenges FCA is having the easiest thing they can upgrade is their online customer service. I am not sure why they continue to stonewall you on the site although the reps here are significantly better. I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE ONE ON THE CHEROKEE OWNERS FORUM WITH THE ISSUES OVER THERE.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My order took 5 months to the day. There excuse was that it comes from Italy. Italy is not a third world country or Siberia. Side mirrors came scratched up but other than that it was fine. Only issue I have is that sometimes when I park my jeep on a slight incline it lurks forward also get the squeaky brakes after rain or cold.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update --

I have been shopping cars all week. Sadly, I am too tall for a sunroof (even in the Rene), and 90% of other cars package the Sunroof with the options I want. It's been a frustrating week. (Seriously, try to find ANY car with all the fun bells and whistles that does NOT have Sunroof or leather, impossible).

I have also been on the phone with JEEP. 2 days ago JEEP told me my Rene was still in customs and they had no control over that, eta April 15-25. This is the line I have heard all week even thou JeepGarage implied it was released from customs already.

Tonight it arrived at my dealership, I spoke with the driver who picked it up 3 days ago, confirming that JEEP does not have a clue regarding their tracking system. (that's BEFORE the call that had it 'in customs').

I can also confirm for folks on the west coast. Renegades are dropped off in San Diego, but they do not train up and down the west coast. From northern most California to Washington, they truck them. (separate company for Southern Cali) 10-12 trucks run 3-5 day roundtrips with 9 Renegades each. He said he runs a load of Fiats about once every 2-3 months, rest are all Renegades. Thus, Jeepgarage will not be able to update from San Diego until after it's at your dealership.

I'm headed to the dealership Saturday (I work late tomorrow).

-Dailach

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update -

19 weeks total, and some frustration with Jeep telling me another 2 months, but I am a renegade owner finally. Dealer was great, at least that part went smooth.

Too early to give any real feedback, but a couple things I noticed already.

- my Trailhawk came with slush mats from the factory.
- steel spare
- I have the ability to remove RUN and put several options in the upper right on the TFT Display. I have the outside Temp.
- so far, 6.5 Uconnect works great with Windows Phone.

I'll post more plus pics when I get some. For now, I can officialy close this thread with, Canceled my cancel, bought a Renegade. <wave>

·
Registered
211 Posts
update -

19 weeks total, and some frustration with Jeep telling me another 2 months, but I am a renegade owner finally. Dealer was great, at least that part went smooth.

Too early to give any real feedback, but a couple things I noticed already.

- my Trailhawk came with slush mats from the factory.
- steel spare
- I have the ability to remove RUN and put several options in the upper right on the TFT Display. I have the outside Temp.
- so far, 6.5 Uconnect works great with Windows Phone.

I'll post more plus pics when I get some. For now, I can officialy close this thread with, Canceled my cancel, bought a Renegade. <wave>

Glad it seems to have worked out for you. Enjoy the Jeep.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My order took 5 months to the day. There excuse was that it comes from Italy. Italy is not a third world country or Siberia. Side mirrors came scratched up but other than that it was fine. Only issue I have is that sometimes when I park my jeep on a slight incline it lurks forward also get the squeaky brakes after rain or cold.
The squeaky brake issue has mine too.
I think it's the combo which materials the brakes are made off.
For example , soft brake shoe's.

My Jeep came after 6 months, But in between I got a offer from jeep to drive a Renegade wich already on the roads. So they put the renegade on an trailer to my dealership and drove him for about 4 weeks till mine was ready.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.