Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have brand new model Limited (3 weeks). I cannot play any MP3 file - there is an error playing the file. My car reads the memory, lists the files but cannot play anyone. I have tested other models and noticed that I can play them using the car with navigation (7" screen). I have mine without navi. I used two other flash cards and two other new cars. The same. What's wrong?
PS.
I have played these MP3 files in my old Kia Sportage (2008) without any problems.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I have brand new model Limited (3 weeks). I cannot play any MP3 file - there is an error playing the file. My car reads the memory, lists the files but cannot play anyone. I have tested other models and noticed that I can play them using the car with navigation (7" screen). I have mine without navi. I used two other flash cards and two other new cars. The same. What's wrong?
PS.
I have played these MP3 files in my old Kia Sportage (2008) without any problems.
Were they all Renegades you checked?

If so, sounds like a software bug or the MP3 codec was left out of their software build.

Don't let your dealer tear out your radio from the dash until they confirm it is not a software bug in some batch of Renegades?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Must be something wrong with your files ... my limited 6.5 connect plays anything i give it directly into ... it plays mp4 videos (just the sound) my Windows phone is brodcasting over Bluetooth also

What fileformat do you use on your Stick/Card ? Try Fat 32 and format the Card new ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have tried to play my old MP3 (10 years or so) and they work well. But I want to listen to my audiobooks. Is it a matter of MP3 version? How to fix it? Convert my MP3 to MP3 ;-)

·
Super Moderator
3,616 Posts
Are your audio books actually in MP3 format? If so, what bitrate? Also how big and duration? It may just have an issue playing large or long duration files.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Of course true MP3. I can play them everywhere: PC, smartfone, tablet. Layer III, codec Lame 3.93. It is true they are long eg. 9 mins, Stereo 128 kbps, 44100 Hz. What's wrong?
PS.
One of these file is playing ... up to ca. 8 min and is cut. One of about 50 files!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Maybe try putting them on an iPod/mp3 player and plug it in to the aux port or USB? The only thing I can think is they're too long for the car's system to read

·
Registered
20 Posts
Must be something wrong with your files ... my limited 6.5 connect plays anything i give it directly into ... it plays mp4 videos (just the sound) my Windows phone is brodcasting over Bluetooth also

What fileformat do you use on your Stick/Card ? Try Fat 32 and format the Card new ...
Hi, Since you are a proud owner of a Renegade, would you please share your thoughts, comments, and your observations good and/or bad?

Also, do you have any advice on which options are best to get, or any that you wish you had gotten?

I am sure all of us US eager beavers would love to know what you have experienced with your NOVO Renegade.

·
Super Moderator
3,616 Posts
Of course true MP3. I can play them everywhere: PC, smartfone, tablet. Layer III, codec Lame 3.93. It is true they are long eg. 9 mins, Stereo 128 kbps, 44100 Hz. What's wrong?
PS.
One of these file is playing ... up to ca. 8 min and is cut. One of about 50 files!
Got any music longer than 8 minutes that plays fine? Could still be the length, but I was thinking much longer than that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.