Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to really despise search engines and the techs that write the code. I'm looking for the light that should be in the right side panel in the cargo area. Not only was it never installed, (there is a plastic cap in it's place) but the power outlet that should be on the left side was also omitted. I found the power outlet on-line but spent the entire evening searching the web for the light fixture with no success. It seems that no matter how I phrase my search, every site returns results for the bulb! Even MOPAR has no listing for it. Ebay shows me parts that are either the wrong make or generic "one size fits most". It even showed me a 24" light bar.
Does anyone have a line as to where to find these?

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
173 Posts
Just tried a lengthy search as well and turned up nothing. All I can think of is looking at junkyards for wrecked Renegades and salvaging that light. You could even do searches for various junkyards online and have them ship you the light.

·
Super Moderator
3,460 Posts
If it was on your build sheet than I would go back and have the dealer fix it!
If it was not on the build sheet than your BU did not come with those 2 options.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm beginning to really despise search engines and the techs that write the code. I'm looking for the light that should be in the right side panel in the cargo area. Not only was it never installed, (there is a plastic cap in it's place) but the power outlet that should be on the left side was also omitted. I found the power outlet on-line but spent the entire evening searching the web for the light fixture with no success. It seems that no matter how I phrase my search, every site returns results for the bulb! Even MOPAR has no listing for it. Ebay shows me parts that are either the wrong make or generic "one size fits most". It even showed me a 24" light bar.
Does anyone have a line as to where to find these?
Try part number 68201962AA, 2018 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L I4 A/T 4X4 Lamp. Cargo, courtesy, dome, glove box, used for: dome and reading

p.s. it is helpful if you include year and model when asking questions, I had to look at your old posts to see what vehicle you have.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
173 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it was on your build sheet than I would go back and have the dealer fix it!
If it was not on the build sheet than your BU did not come with those 2 options.

The car was purchased from CarMax, is two years old, and we are the third owners. We have only had the car a week and a half but I was able to download a copy of the window sticker and also a few other lists from the MOPAR site when I registered with them as the current owner. Although I saw it entered the U.S. in San Diego, I have no idea which dealer originally sold it or would be willing to address this if there was a problem. I have since learned that not all Renegades received both of the cargo lights. I just figured I could add it. I do find it odd that the rear power outlet was not included with a vehicle that has neither a space saver or full size spare, rather an air pump and can a of sealant. If needed, I hope the front outlet would be within reach.

p.s. it is helpful if you include year and model when asking questions, I had to look at your old posts to see what vehicle you have.
My apologies. I should have included that information instead of assuming people would know. In your defense, I was browsing the forum for a while after I posted this before I added the info under my avatar. You probably answered before the info was there.
I am also in awe of how fast you found exactly what I was looking for. I thank you!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I have since learned that not all Renegades received both of the cargo lights.
You are not alone in your learning so fear not. We have all made similar judgements. (y)

I just figured I could add it.
It's an easy fix so don't be overly worried. I posted last week on an almost identical topic and the easy solution that Jeepatron suggests is the way forward. Scrap-yards are wonderful places. For the sake of a couple of $$$s you can receive any cargo area light you so desire. Then simply use a small "Dremmel" type electrical cutting tool that fits in the palm of your hand to cut out the required shape that fits your new light. Thereafter it's only a case of connecting the wiring from the newly fitted light to the existing wiring harness. If unsure of what to do then create a post and the guys on here will happily and readily assist. Personally I would just run a few short lengths of wire from your new light across to the original factory fitted light and splice onto those lights.

Then order up white canbus error free LED bulbs as opposed to the yellowish glowing standard bulbs ;)

Give yourself 30 minutes for a job well done and completed.

My apologies.
No apologies are needed. We all make mistakes but it's how we handle them that counts :D

ps Welcome and I hope you have a lovely time on the forum among a bunch of great guys that are always willing to assist you :giggle:

pps If I am not mistaken you suggest in your first post that there are no lights at all in the boot? Very strange. Get 2 matching boot lights from the scrapyard and connect them together with a length of wire from side to side and then we can show you what wire is behind the original light switch to break into (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pps If I am not mistaken you suggest in your first post that there are no lights at all in the boot? Very strange. Get 2 matching boot lights from the scrapyard and connect them together with a length of wire from side to side and then we can show you what wire is behind the original light switch to break into (y)(y)(y)
Thanks for the suggestion.There is one light on the left side just above where the power outlet should be. (that little gem is also on it's way) The right side light was what I was looking for. There is a plastic cap covering the location so the install will also be a snap. Georgef and Jeepatron jumped on it real quick and Georgef magically, in my opinion, found the part number I searched all evening for. I figured it was the same as the left side and was a little annoyed at a few websites that insist they need the VIN to insure the part will fit my vehicle. I have a couple of funny stories about auto parts stores and the "knowledgeable" employees on the other side of the computer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts