Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some old posts with the same question but never any solid answers, has anyone added a cargo basket/crossbars with the MySky system?

I love the look and utility of a cargo basket, but concerned that I won't be able to open the front panel/remove the rear panel.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Not gonna work with the current cargo baskets, the MySky panel requires considerable vertical clearance in order to pop in and out, most baskets only give you a few inches of clearance. Someone's going to need to design a basket that opens up or hinges out of the way - similar to what has been done for soft top Wranglers to allow their lowering and raising of their tops.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
In one of my earlier post I theorized that if you put the cross rails at a certain point, that it will allow the panels to come off, But if one adds a roof cage/carrier, it would have to be small to fit in between pillars B and C. This way at least the front panel can be taken off.

In a way I wish someone would make a sliding roof rack similar to the No Boundaries roof system made for the Ford Escape.

TS

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have cross rails and a cargo basket on my Renegade with My Sky Powered. I have no clearance issues at all. I can operate the powered panel AND remove both panels if I need to.
Mine are the Reese Brand (cheap, i know) from the Wals-Mart. But it's very solid and works very well! Here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I really do love that color

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have cross rails and a cargo basket on my Renegade with My Sky Powered. I have no clearance issues at all. I can operate the powered panel AND remove both panels if I need to.
Mine are the Reese Brand (cheap, i know) from the Wals-Mart. But it's very solid and works very well! Here are some pics:

Brilliant! I would want to use cross rails with a bike rack instead of a basket that would still work with MySky, do you have any recommendations?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi- can you provide a link to the basket you got from walmart please

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.