Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New Trailhawk owner here.

I'm interested in getting a roof cargo basket, but I'm unsure what size to get.

I'd like to get the biggest I can find, without looking ridiculous.

Yakima Megawarrior? 52"
Rhino Rack XTray LG? 57"

How long is too long? I'm not sure how much I like the silver Thule on the Mopar page. The Jeep is black and I'd like to stick with that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi. New Trailhawk owner here.

I'm interested in getting a roof cargo basket, but I'm unsure what size to get.

I'd like to get the biggest I can find, without looking ridiculous.

Yakima Megawarrior? 52"
Rhino Rack XTray LG? 57"

How long is too long? I'm not sure how much I like the silver Thule on the Mopar page. The Jeep is black and I'd like to stick with that.
Hey all, just got my TrailHawk set up with a rack system. Was able to swap over some old cross bars and towers using big U-bolts, and then bought a Reese basket for less than $100 at Wally World. It's only 42" long and not real strong, but it'll do what I need it for. Plus I mounted it flush with my crossbars by using another set of smaller U-bolts, so that any big weights, like a tandem canoe or lumber, will rest on the crossbars, not on the flimsy tubing of the basket. Here's a few pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been thinking about a basket too - wondering if anyone has thoughts on how that might work with My Sky. Will I still be able to remove panels when the basket is mounted?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've been thinking about a basket too - wondering if anyone has thoughts on how that might work with My Sky. Will I still be able to remove panels when the basket is mounted?
Maybe you could remove the first panel in the front seats if you get a really tiny basket and pushed it all the way in the back, but still, you wouldn't be able to access the second panel.

That's the only option I can think of and even still, it'd only work with the non powered MySky. If you got the sunroof option, it may not have enough room to slide back.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Maybe you could remove the first panel in the front seats if you get a really tiny basket and pushed it all the way in the back, but still, you wouldn't be able to access the second panel.

That's the only option I can think of and even still, it'd only work with the non powered MySky. If you got the sunroof option, it may not have enough room to slide back.
This a great question. I have been wondering this from the beginning. I was thinking turning them 90 degrees and bringing them out through the interior through the roof opening.... Or popping them loose and bringing out toward the front instead of the back because of the antenna. Hard to say without trying it since dealers don't have MySky yet.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I noticed both of those have optional extensions.
I'm curious if getting the extensions would make it too long on the Renegade.

TS

·
Registered
132 Posts
I noticed both of those have optional extensions.
I'm curious if getting the extensions would make it too long on the Renegade.

TS
Just from comparing the LoadWarrior in that Turkish Renegade video and how much space is left, I'm thinking it *may* fit but it looks like it would be really close. I'm not sure I'd like the look, reminds me too much of a Land Rover.

I don't plan on using an extension, as I'd much rather get a tray to attach to the hitch (that may or may not exist.. :) ) to secure luggage to by means of a cargo tray.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Man, I love the look of those Aeroblade Edge bars. Just the fact that they come in black gives them an advantage to me over Yakima's Whispbar.
Time for everyone to email Yakima Products, the makers of Whispbar's as ask them to offer black. Tell them otherwise you will just have to buy their competitors product that does come in black, the Thule AeroBlade Edge.

[email protected]
http://www.whispbar.com/about/contact/

:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I like the color of the Whispbar cross rails. In fact, I just ordered a set for my car. I think it will look good with my silver colored car and provide a little contrast with the black roof.

If it turns out that I had the color, I can always paint them later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, got the basket installed yesterday!

This is the (large) Thule Cargo Basket, without the extension.

It looks like an extra 20" extension would bring it pretty near the front of the roof. I'll think about it.

Apologies for the rennie being covered in pollen. NYC these days!

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey, got the basket installed yesterday!

This is the (large) Thule Cargo Basket, without the extension.

It looks like an extra 20" extension would bring it pretty near the front of the roof. I'll think about it.

Apologies for the rennie being covered in pollen. NYC these days!

Rob
Very nice, but I am more of a "safari" type. I want one that goes the full length of the roof plus a little wider and more squared off.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts