Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every1,
new trailhawk owner here. I'm curious to know/see pictures of how people mount their cellphone in a renegade.

I bought a magnet thing you stick on the dashboard but it keeps falling to the floor and doesnt stay in place when it gets hot in the Jeep. Threw that away.

The previous car I drove had some kind of mount you would insert in the CD slot, though it was very shacky it would hold my cellphone. I didnt really liked that option, and cd drives are obsolete lol.
There was a time also where I had a mount that was working great and stable but it was the one you clip in a vent. I could use one like this but I dont like the idea of blocking a vent with my phone. Especially in the winter where it would overheat my cellphone by blowing hot air on it.
I've seen someone screwing in a magnet holder like the one I bought but I dont wanna damage the dashboard.

Hopefully with you guys advice, the next device I'll buy to mount my cellphone in the Renegade will be the right one :)

Vincent

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi every1,

new trailhawk owner here. I'm curious to know/see pictures of how people mount their cellphone in a renegade.

I bought a magnet thing you stick on the dashboard but it keeps falling to the floor and doesnt stay in place when it gets hot in the Jeep. Threw that away.

The previous car I drove had some kind of mount you would insert in the CD slot, though it was very shacky it would hold my cellphone. I didnt really liked that option, and cd drives are obsolete lol.

There was a time also where I had a mount that was working great and stable but it was the one you clip in a vent. I could use one like this but I dont like the idea of blocking a vent with my phone. Especially in the winter where it would overheat my cellphone by blowing hot air on it.

I've seen someone screwing in a magnet holder like the one I bought but I dont wanna damage the dashboard.

Hopefully with you guys advice, the next device I'll buy to mount my cellphone in the Renegade will be the right one :)

Vincent
I have a cigarette lighter arm mount that's fantastic, haven't looked back!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
This appears to be the latest version of the one I bought back in 2016. The one I have does not have the quick release or the bottom holder supports but it has lasted very well so I would buy this again if needed. I also have a little plastic disc that had some 3M tape on the bottom that holds it to my dash vent since it couldn't suction well to the curved surface. Have not had any problems with it.

Holder

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a good spot to install it, i might try this. I'll see when I sit in the jeep after work if it feels like a good spot. I thought about the suction thing but it seemed too far from reach if I would stick it in the windshield.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used a base from ProClipUSA ($29.99), a phone holder and arm from 67 Designs ($76), and some hardware I had laying around to build a solid phone holder. No drilling into the Renegade's dash, the base uses 3M double tape and locks into the gap around the vent. Kind of pricy, but works well for me. I've been using a similar 67 Designs set up in my Wrangler for a couple years. The iPhone slides in one handed. After the photos I ran/hid a long iPhone charger cable behind the dash that snakes out next to the mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
When I first got my Latitude, I too looked for a cell phone holder for my Samsung Galaxy 8+. I didn't like the ones that blocked a vent (idiotic move in Texas), the kind that glued on your dash, etc.. In the meantime I tossed it in the little tray in front of the shifter. I had it in landscape mode with the screen facing me. It worked so well that after a few days I gave up on the holder.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like the iOttie Mini mount, compact and low profile. Holds the phone tight with spring closure, just slap the phone on the holder and it grabs. The arm length is perfect for the location, I can touch the screen with my hand on the steering wheel. Also the suction cup dose not require a disc to stay.
iOttie Easy One Touch Mini Dash &... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C8ZVDBH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Small edit, since I have the same mount in my work truck I got mixed up, I can reach the screen with my hands fully on the wheel in my truck, but in the Renegade I have just my wrist on the wheel, still not a stretch by any means, I also have small hands, so it might not even apply to most people. iOttie also make one with extendable arm, that model has couple pegs at the bottom of the holder (typical style) as well. I had that style prior to the mini, but I like the mini more due to the simplicity and clean look.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the grip tight because I dont see any support at the bottom, just the side ones? I got a galaxy s7 edge so it aint the biggest phone but still has some weight to it

Vincent

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you're worried, they offer ones with legs at the bottom, but I think the mini can hold it just fine. The pad that triggers the grabber has rubber on it to increase the hold. My phone weight 143g and Galaxy s7 edge is at 157g for comparison.
iOttie Easy One Touch 4 Dash & Windshield Car Mount Phone Holder || iPhone Xs Max R 8 Plus 7 Samsung Galaxy S10 E S9 S8 Plus Edge Note 9 & Other Smartphones https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076B27WP6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_G6xjDbZT9868Y
Is the grip tight because I dont see any support at the bottom, just the side ones? I got a galaxy s7 edge so it aint the biggest phone but still has some weight to it

Vincent

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got one that fits into the vent but the top arm of it has a little "claw" on it so when you tighten it that claw grabs the vent louver and it is really solid.

Jelly Grip WX Car Vent Mount | Air Vent Phone Holder | Car Phone Mount for Wireless Charger Jelly Grip WX (Sold Separately) by Square Jellyfish

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice, I had one installed vertically like in a work van before, held up great.

I finally bought a iOttie’s Premium Easy One Touch 4. So far so good, its been about 5-6 days since I installed it and it work fine. I'll see if it holds

1 - 20 of 22 Posts