Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Center Console Controls buttons

28K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Jourdon 
#1 ·
As I look at numerous interior images of the Renegade, most if not all are missing one or more buttons in the center console. I'm curious to know what they are for.

As per the Allpar image below,

Control # 1 = Drivers Heated seats
Control # 2 = Heated Steering wheel
Control # 3 = ?
Control # 4 = ?
Control # 5 = Hazards
Control # 6 =?
Control # 7 =?
Control # 8 = blank
Control # 9 = Passenger Heated Seats

Then in another image Control # 6 & 7 is combined to enable /deactivate the passenger airbag and what was control # 6 in the previous image was moved over to control # 8 position. (see attached)

I can't for the life of me figure out what buttons # 3 & 4 are, but since it has a P and a steering wheel I think it may be the parking assist. Buttons 6 & 7 in the top image is a mystery.

So if you know what they are or have them in your model, please list them here so others (like me) can see what they are for.

If its not much to ask, please indicate the model you have since the buttons may be model or geographical dependent.

TS

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Ok, list updated with your additions in blue. Guesses in orange. Thanks
Control # 1 = Drivers Heated seats
Control # 2 = Heated Steering wheel
Control # 3 = ??? (Possibly Park Sense / Assist)
Control # 4 = Rear Parking Sensor
Control # 5 = Hazards
Control # 6 = Lane Sense / Assist
Control # 7 = ??? (Possibly forward collision warning)
Control # 8 = blank
Control # 9 = Passenger Heated Seats
ha, in all my years I think that's the first time I quoted myself in a post.

TS

Reactions: I_Am_Renegade
#9 ·
Button 7 is to turn the alarm off when the car is being towed. At least it looks like the symbol that I've seen for the button the UK version has next to the sunroof buttons. Here in the UK the front passenger air bag on/off lights (not sure it's a button, but you can see it in your second screenshot) takes up the space of two buttons in this button constellation but we don't have things like Jeep Assist/911 buttons and so I guess they decided to use one of them for the "Alarm off while being towed" button... Hope that makes sense! :)

#10 ·
Is Lane Assist only available in the UK? I ordered my Trailhawk with everything available except the tonneau cover and I did not get that or the rear view mirror auto dim. I live in Texas and this pup cost me 33K.

#12 ·
I looked it up. The Trailhawk does not offer the Lane sense which is in the tech package. Oh well. Hopefully I have enough SENSE to stay in my own LANE anyway> :) LOL

#15 ·
Confirming, in the original poster's photo -

3 is parking assist turn on
4 is parking sensor disable (all, not just rear)
6 is lane departure disable (though on my Australian TH it's at position 8, as in European version in the CNET illustration)

#16 ·
Here is someone with a suggestion on activation of dummy buttons next to the hazard switch.

Reactions: captadv
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.