Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm brand new to the forum and I haven't quite found a thread that answers my questions to here it is:

I have a '15 latitude and all my center buttons on my hazard panel are non functioning. I however have several KC lights and a bar that I'm intending to put on the car. Instead of adding a rocker panel on my A pillar and having to make physical cuts to my interior lining, I'd rather just replace the center hazard panel with all functioning buttons and rewire their use for my lights.

I Can't find the part number for the panel that has every functioning button which I would need to order the part, and I'd like to know if anyone else has had this idea and has had success with the rewiring process and installation of the new panel.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

The problem is, those button in the center console are part of a circuit board.
If you had the options where those were in use, they would have the functioning buttons attached, if they are non-functioning or not in use the, circuit board is still there.
It makes it almost, if not impossible to use that area because the circuit board is in the way.
That circuit board in controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM), so you can't just get rid of it or add options that would be more useful.

Reactions: ajseubert

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I've read while searching for an answer but I've also read that the circuit board could be bypassed or removed for my specific setup as the only functioning button is for the hazards. If not, my other idea was to drill holes into the faces of the fake buttons for some toggles and run the wire setup around the board. Are these viable options? I just don't want to let this section of my car that has the potential for the streamlined functional look instead of trying to add additional rocker switch panels everywhere.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts