Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed this unfortunate design choice for the center console?
When the top part slides forward it exposes a gap inside that makes it possible to slam your fingers when sliding it back into place.

Found out the hard way. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's not my complaint with the center console.
I wish the arm rest was a bit taller and could accommodate two arms better.
I've had mine for a month. Maybe when the "newness" is gone, I'll try to think of way way to replace it.
(I'm thinking it won't be too hard, switch just the top part).
Or possibly a 3rd party will make something by then.
I just don't want it to look bad. I made a decent one for my old Cube, although you couldn't get to the emergency brake if needed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Keep your fingers out of the way the next time

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not my complaint about the console either, my issue is that you cant open the console with the top part slid forward. If its slid back to where you can open the console then I cant get my arm on to it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not my complaint about the console either, my issue is that you cant open the console with the top part slid forward. If its slid back to where you can open the console then I cant get my arm on to it.
The top part slides forward to accommodate (rest) your arm while driving.
How many times do you need to open the console while driving...?

How many times in general have you opened the console all this time that you own the Renegade?

My point is that opening/closing the console is not something you do frequently (it is even dangerous to do it while driving and focusing on finding something inside the console).

If you have something in there that you need to use it frequently when driving, better store it somewhere else, i.e. on this tray in front of the gear stick.

Reactions: Tonto
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.