1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Nice review, he really seemed to enjoy the Sport. I have driven manuals a long, long time and enjoyed it. The autostick works well for me and I can still enjoy the shifting and not have to use the clutch anymore. My old knees are thanking me for getting the auto. I did look at a Latitude with manual though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice review, and the guy obviously really likes the Renegade. I love all the colorful terms of endearment he uses to refer to the Renegade throughout the positive review: "rabid little runt," "rambunctious little [email protected]," "plucky little [email protected]," and lastly: "pompous little miscreant." My favorite is "rabid little runt" since that is an accurate description of how the Renegade feels when you are pushing it's limits in a hard acceleration with the 1.4 turbo and 6-speed transmission. I love it!

Thanks for posting the link to the review!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Reactions: StealyFace65

·
Registered
367 Posts
Very fair review, and matches pretty much my experience.
There is a little turbo lag, but not enough to bother you, and the six speed box is a delight.
If I were going off road I would have definitely chosen the diesel (with manual box) but as this will be used almost exclusively on tarmac, I think the 1.4 is the better choice. It's also a remarkably quiet unit.

·
Registered
261 Posts
All my cars had manual transmission and this is what I prefer. I avoid buying cars with automatic transmission. I want to have full control of the vehicle. The gear I want at the moment I want it.

I agree, maybe it's more tiresome in traffic but it can be much more fun and precise when you want it.

Unfortunately in my country there was no option for 4x4 with manual transmission. If you wanted a 4x4 reni you had to get it with automatic transmission. Since the manual transmission was a "must" for me, I got the Limited FWD Reni.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.