Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 9 Spreed Renegade that was recently involved in an accident, in avoiding a rear end collision someone attempted to pass me on right of 1 lane road, our cars colliding. My front passenger fender and passenger door are dented/scratched and being replaced by her insurance. However also since the accident the check engine light is on and the AC will not start (hitting the button does nothing, I don't hear compressor and the RPMs stay the same). Waiting to hear back from shop doing the repairs what the CEL is, but insurance is already hinting that side impact should not cause either CEL or AC issues and that it may be warranty issue. So, two questions:

1.) On the passenger side of engine bay is there something where an impact could cause CEL or AC issue?
2.) Could a CEL cause the engine computer (I'm sure that's not the technical term) to disable AC?

I'm sure once I get the CEL code from the shop a lot more will be known, just looking for opinions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Follow up, also the passenger rear view mirror was ripped off the car, this houses the outside air temp sensor. Could this sensor missing (inside the dash reads temp is dash dash (--), cause a CEL? Even weirder, could it make the AC not turn on?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just a tip. If you have a car under warranty that gets in a accident always take it to the dealer to get repaired. This way it doesn't matter if it is a warranty issue or caused by the accident. The car will get fixed and the dealer will fight to get paid.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Follow up, also the passenger rear view mirror was ripped off the car, this houses the outside air temp sensor. Could this sensor missing (inside the dash reads temp is dash dash (--), cause a CEL? Even weirder, could it make the AC not turn on?
The passenger mirror contains the outside temperature sensor. Good possibility this would cause your A/C not to work and maybe the other issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.