Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i got a airbag disable. check engine light came on for 10 seconds that auto stop/start light disable came on.

drove it about 1/4 mile turned off and restarted and it went away.

dropping it off at the dealer on monday now

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
manufacture date of nov 2021 i bought in feb 2022.

i been trying to video it but it doesnt want to work now. i did hook up to a obd reader no stored codes. but i hope the dealer can hook it up and get the errors.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
still no fix, jeep care failed me again my so called advocate couldnt even finish the sentence he was writing and doesnt respond back.

looks more and more like im going to have to get an attorney and lemon law this pos

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
So the dealer replaced the long-awaited seatbelt part, and it didn't help? (Which "part" was it?)

What did the dealer say after that? I mean, your Trailhawk is under warranty...

And any clarification about the leaking oil gasket?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they are still waiting on the part - 4787978AB

i show its in stock everywhere yet for some reason mopar wont send it to them

now their saying check back monday.

and jeep cares advocate josh - should be fired as he's non existent

·
Registered
5 Posts
So today i got a airbag disable. check engine light came on for 10 seconds that auto stop/start light disable came on. drove it about 1/4 mile turned off and restarted and it went away. dropping it off at the dealer on monday now
I have a 2022 renegade limited only 2,000 miles on it and today I got the service airbag light came on then the start stop service came on and service the electric parking brake. But it does not store where you can read it again it goes away the minute you restart.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes you need to bring it into a dealership. its probably a defective seatbelt. one way is to set up a video to capture the error. or if your seatbelt chirps while your driving. mine would every 5 to 10 minutes say seatbelt unhooked and go away in a second. its a major safety issue as your airbag will not deploy in an accident.

dealership should be able to see the airbag error.

also submit a complaint - Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA

make the dealer do a warranty repair and get you a rental. mines still waiting they say the 14th now so it'll be almost 3 weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes you need to bring it into a dealership. its probably a defective seatbelt. one way is to set up a video to capture the error. or if your seatbelt chirps while your driving. mine would every 5 to 10 minutes say seatbelt unhooked and go away in a second. its a major safety issue as your airbag will not deploy in an accident.

dealership should be able to see the airbag error.

also submit a complaint - Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA

make the dealer do a warranty repair and get you a rental. mines still waiting they say the 14th now so it'll be almost 3 weeks.
Before I sought this page out I was going crazy trying to catch the faults as they appear and vanish just as fast. Like you I even tried to record it. Doesn't show up lol. I do not get the seat belt era or I should say that pinging noise like a seatbelts not plugged in. But it did start with the auto start/ stop error first. And if you check in display it would always say "not available battery is charging".

1 - 20 of 29 Posts