Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
still cant get it fixed.
I still haven't made my appointment for my problem as I was trying to catch it on video because it pops up and goes away so fast. All three of my errors the airbag, service electronic parking brake and start stop need servicing not available. But I have noticed in the past 3 days as soon as I get in the car and start it if I manually disable the start stop as I've been doing every single time in the past 3 days not one error pops up.. I'm thinking it's possibly a cascading effect from the start and stop as it's saying battery is charging not available. The voltage meter is reading that it's properly charged so either it's not reading correctly and it thinks the battery is low which can cause other errors to show up like airbags and electric brakes if the battery is low. Possibly needs the electronic part that reads the battery voltage for a new battery or a new alternator maybe just do all three..

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
well you best get it in the shop. document it with the dealership

i still cant get the part through jeep. they are now going to try and get it through a secondary dealership.

jeep cares has continued to fail on caring. they just seem to cover up issues from consumers. the advisor is non existent and must have thousands of complaints backlogged

maybe if they cared about the customer and resolve ongoing issues they wouldnt be 23 out of 24 for car reliability

·
Registered
1 Posts
So today i got a airbag disable. check engine light came on for 10 seconds that auto stop/start light disable came on.

drove it about 1/4 mile turned off and restarted and it went away.

dropping it off at the dealer on monday now
It's an ongoing issue with so many jeep renegade owners. My daughter's vehicle is a 2022 and only a few months with her. She has an intermittent problem with all her warnings lights coming on randomly. Of course, when we took it in to the dealership, the problem didn't show itself, and they didn't get any codes, either. They just handed us back the keys and shrugged their shoulders (I'm exaggerating, but not by much). I got the service manager on the line and we'll be taking it back in on Monday. I've asked that they research the problem and return the vehicle when the problem has been discovered and repaired. They shouldn't be giving a vehicle back when the air bag and seat belt warning lights are going off randomly. If my daughter were to be in an accident and the issue with the warning lights plays a role with the systems and safety measures not working properly, someone will have to answer.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
if you can video the issues for proof it helps. be adamant about safety concerns document it in emails. and keep bringing it in if not fixed. most states have lemon laws. do what you can to get it fixed. make sure they provide a rental under warranty care

also report the issue. anytime something comes up, no matter how minor you think it is

·
Registered
5 Posts
still cant get it fixed.
I have my appointment set to take it in as I said prior above I finally got some of it captured on video occurring. But today for the first time while I was driving also like you the seat belt light comes on and starts beeping as if I don't have it on I unbuckle it and rebuckle it it doesn't stop it it just stops on its own and then it did it three other times before I got home. I'm only saying this because when we first started discussing I had all the problems but that and now it's here.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
yeap faulty seatbelt same as mine. im going on 29 days monday but supposed to finally get the part in

make sure you file a report

only way a recall gets started

·
Registered
5 Posts
got it back today. seems to be fine. i had one glitch with the uconnect phone. it kept saying it was dialing and wouldnt disconnect
That's good news mine is scheduled but it doesn't go into after Thanksgiving, should I mention about the faulty seat belt causing it all? Maybe my Jeep repair shop doesn't know about it yet 😂 how is going crazy today with the seat belt beeping like I didn't have it on..

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
techs said - Verified seatbelt warning on. Scanned for related DTCs and found B0050-13 - Front Driver Buckle Switch - Circuit open in ORC module. Inspected intermediate connector. Removed and verified receiving proper communication voltage. Seated connector fully. Buckle has failed internally. Recommend replacement.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts