Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Checked the uconnect site and was glad to see a new update was released for my Renegade. I'm not sure what all was changed in this update but I feel like the driving is better and my mpg is better as well. The update is 1.3 gigs uncompressed on my flash drive so it had to have some changes. Let's see what we can find out there. https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/ Here's the site just put in your VIN and it will tell you if your vehicle needs the update or not. Took about 20 minutes for the install. Hopefully it fixes a lot of problems for my fellow Renegades.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My VIN isn't working when I try to validate from Firefox and Chrome. I get Akamai NetSession Interface incompatibility errors with Explorer. They can't get their software to be downloaded with basic browsers... this update makes me wonder.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try Internet explorer. I know it's a crappy browser but I had to use it to download my update. Or Microsoft edge for the windows 10 users. But I just got off the phone with uconnect support and they gave me somewhat of a description of the update. When I first asked the support guy didn't even know it was out lol. But it has basically security updates. Not elaboration there for security reasons. And it fixes errors that may pop up. The only real detail he gave is that it fixed the Bluetooth calling where the passenger could not be heard while you were on a phone call. Minor updates I suppose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your welcome. And it should go fine. Just make sure you have a formatted usb ready for the update to be added to it. And it should work with no problems.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Did this yesterday first try didn't take, ended up having to format the flash drive in FAT32 instead of NTFS like the instructions called for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Did you check both your radio receiver and your gauge cluster screen? You have to be in park to access all the options. I personally keep my day time running lights on because I like the way it looks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes I did but unfortunately nothing!

On a different note: has anyone downloaded the PDF with the instructions?

Edit
This is strange... My download was interrupted, so I went back to the site to start over and now I get a message that there is no update available...
o_O

·
Registered
85 Posts
Uconnect Update: 6.5 RA4 15 21 37 MY15 BU
Release Date: 7/07/2015

I already did this software update a few weeks back and when I checked as you posted it's still giving me the same update. My renny uconnect software settings has 15_21_37 which is current or do you have a new release date that i'm not getting from uconnect website.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Uconnect Update: 6.5 RA4 15 21 37 MY15 BU
Release Date: 7/07/2015

I already did this software update a few weeks back and when I checked as you posted it's still giving me the same update. My renny uconnect software settings has 15_21_37 which is current or do you have a new release date that i'm not getting from uconnect website.
Yours is the 6.5. This post is for the 5.0.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not sure what all was changed in this update but I feel like the driving is better and my mpg is better as well.
I received the update from the dealership after having my Renegade stuck in 3rd gear for a few miles. It was just a software issue, but the updates also have made mine run better and show a clear improvement in MPG.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hello all,

I just wanted to provide the official software update TSB for those wondering specifically what the update is meant to fix.

TSB 08-062-15 REV. A

SUBJECT:
RA2, RG2 Radio Software Enhancements

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves updating the radio's software.

MODELS:
2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade

NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA AND EMEA.**

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before **August 07, 2015 (MDH 0807XX)** equipped with UConnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (sales code RA2).

NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before August 23, 2015 (MDH 0823XX) equipped with UConnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (sales code RG2).**

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may notice that blue tooth communication with the passenger is poor. If a passenger is trying to talk on the blue tooth phone, the caller will have a hard time understanding what the passenger is saying. The caller will not have any difficulty understanding the person in the driver’s seat. **Additionally a false message may be displayed on the radio; Audio & Parking Sensors Not Available. **

1 - 20 of 116 Posts