Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You didn't think that Jeep would get to sell the Renegade without a bit of a fight, did you?

Chevy has decided to introduce a vehicle into the compact 4x4 market in the US. It's called the Chevrolet Niva. So far there isn't much info, but we do have a picture, and that is worth a thousand years. Here's what we do know. The Niva will have a set of BFGoodrich tires, a winch, snorkel, underbody cladding, tow hooks, integrated lamp guards, auxiliary lighting and roof rack.

The Niva is actually a Lada vehicle, but the vehicle has been built by General Motors through a joint venture since 1998.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
No they aren't. I'll bet you $100 they aren't. They are selling the trax in the US, and there is zero chance they are going to compete against themselves with a Russian made vehicle in the midst of government sanctions.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, it's a chevy. After what they did over the past ten years to the driving public, I'll never cross shop a Chevy again.

Scott

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
No they aren't. I'll bet you $100 they aren't. They are selling the trax in the US, and there is zero chance they are going to compete against themselves with a Russian made vehicle in the midst of government sanctions.
Nice! It's about time they did that. When visiting relatives in Canada i noticed a couple of them. Only seen the Buick Encore on american roads, always thought about a chevy in that segment. With Trax coming to america... another chevy that's like it in some ways may not be that good of an idea for them.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I don't think the Trax is ugly. But when it comes to what it can do, maybe people will buy into the fact that the new chevy here is more of a true SUV than the trax and will have a good divide
With headlines like these, don't hold your breath that sanctions will be dropped anytime soon:

Russian General Calls for Preemptive Nuclear Strike Doctrine Against NATO
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/busin...lear-strike-doctrine-against-nato/506370.html

Russian Strategic Bombers Near Canada Practice Cruise Missile Strikes on US
Nuclear launch rehearsal conducted in North Atlantic
http://freebeacon.com/national-secu...canada-practice-cruise-missile-strikes-on-us/

I'm selling a Chevy to go to the Renegade, I'll take my Renegade, you can have your Chevy / Lada Niva.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.