Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted the Mopar chrome sports pedal kit to their Renny? Looks like there are two sizes for cars made before and after 1 Mar 2015, accelerator looks the same but the brake pedal is different size.

Looking at the Mopar fitting instructions and pictures for the brake cover, there's a rubber catch on the back that goes through a hole in the pedal and twists to keep it secure. Only problem is that my brake pedal doesn't actually have a hole in it anywhere so wondering if this rubber catch comes off otherwise it won't fit.

Here's a picture of the part with the rubber catch circled in red:

Not actually seen any other pedal covers that don't have the catch so if it can't be removed, I'll be stuck with the stock rubber ones :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Can anyone help with this? Even Jeep can't give me a straight answer, so would be grateful if anyone who has done this upgrade can advise.

Or failing that, does anyone here have a brake pedal without the hole? Attached is a picture of the back of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Are the chrome pedals not slippier than rubber especially when wet or after walking across a puddle of diesel on the garage forecourt?

I am sure they will look good (y)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm thinking you got the wrong pedal covers, no matter what the part numbers say, wrong part was put in the bag or wrong SKU number.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking you got the wrong pedal covers, no matter what the part numbers say, wrong part was put in the bag or wrong SKU number.
Hmm, you mean I have the wrong pedal fitted in mine? The shape certainly doesn't seems to match any of the ones that Jeep sells, or the covers.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hmm, you mean I have the wrong pedal fitted in mine? The shape certainly doesn't seems to match any of the ones that Jeep sells, or the covers.
What I meant was, it's highly unlikely that the factory installed the wrong pedals in your Jeep being that they go down an automated production line, making Jeep after Jeep.. Highly likely the pedal covers you got are wrong no matter what the bag/box says they are.

Now, if you bought your Jeep used, all bets are off, some people like to seriously modify their vehicles, who knows what the previous owner thought was "cool" and worth modifying....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I meant was, it's highly unlikely that the factory installed the wrong pedals in your Jeep being that they go down an automated production line, making Jeep after Jeep.. Highly likely the pedal covers you got are wrong no matter what the bag/box says they are.

Now, if you bought your Jeep used, all bets are off, some people like to seriously modify their vehicles, who knows what the previous owner thought was "cool" and worth modifying....
Thanks, I haven't actually bought the pedal kit yet though :) Visited the dealer and got a picture but didn't buy it because it looked different, even though the FCA part number is for my particular Jeep model.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks, I haven't actually bought the pedal kit yet though :) Visited the dealer and got a picture but didn't buy it because it looked different, even though the FCA part number is for my particular Jeep model.
Ah. Then I'd bet the pic you saw has nothing to do with what you'll receive. That pic is probably one of those generic pics of a pedal cover so they don't have to upload a pic for every model they stock. I bet somewhere on that screen (that he didn't show you) was an asterisk and at the bottom of the screen it said *example for illustration purposes only. The actual item may be different. Or some such....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The saga continues. Jeep have taken it all the way back to Italy (hopefully to the guy who works the production line making these things) and even they can't be sure if it will fit. Doesn't help that there seem to be several version of these covers all floating around the web, and that dealers are insisting any orders have to be paid for up front, and if it doesn't actually fit (even if the part number is for my car), tough!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts