Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the most exciting events of the year for Jeep enthusiasts is SEMA. Every year there are multiple Mopar Jeep models that make an appearance at the show, and this year will be no different with at least two Renegades getting the Mopar treatment.

"Mopar will display several innovative show vehicles, all reimagined with Mopar products, in a 15,345-square-foot exhibit," Chrysler said in a statement.
SEMA will be running from November 4-7 in Las Vegas.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
These are teasers much unlike anything I have ever seen before.
Can't notice much of a change from what we're already familar with and what we're seeing here

What things do you expect Mopar to do to the Renegade?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems like the only thing that we can glean from these teasers is that the SEMA Renegades will be blue and white. I don't really see any accessories or changes to the body or anything. Its so abstract that it doesn't really give any info. They could have given us a little bit more with these teasers.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
It seems like the only thing that we can glean from these teasers is that the SEMA Renegades will be blue and white. I don't really see any accessories or changes to the body or anything. Its so abstract that it doesn't really give any info. They could have given us a little bit more with these teasers.
The tires on the blue one look pretty rubber bandy. So low profile tires and a drop for one? I'm guessing some stickers too. Possibly some smoked headlight covers as well. It'll be cutting edge I tell ya. Like they got both a jc whitney AND tire rack catalog.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that the city Kia Soul type one is a really good guess. I'm not sure about the beach. It could be that or it could be more outdoorsy, or it could be more of a first response utility vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I think that the city Kia Soul type one is a really good guess. I'm not sure about the beach. It could be that or it could be more outdoorsy, or it could be more of a first response utility vehicle.
Well lets see.. how many of the promotional renegade party things have been at beaches or sandy places? They could go skiing/snowy too. But my guess is they'll put on some tires with more aggressive tread, roof rack with stuff on it, some stickers, etc. and call it done.

I highly doubt anyone is going to seriously consider the renegade as a believable.. well anything first responder like other than maybe the fire chief's ride to the scene.

Also at this point, I'm increasingly of the opinion that everything renegade is going to be half-assed and late for the us market.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it is ugly. It does have some features that are cool though. The Frostbite Renegade has a ski and snowboard rack, as well as a Jeep Performance Parts rock rail guard. The other changes seem to be mostly cosmetic with various logos and graphics on different parts of the Jeep.

It really doesn't seem that innovative. It basically has a roof rack. A missed opportunity in my opinion.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've got some more info on the Renegade Riptide that is heading to the 2014 SEMA Show. The Riptide is a beach vehicle that comes in a Vibrance Grandeur Blue finish with black painted wheels with contrast points. I think that it looks a lot better than the Frostbite Renegade that looks bad in white and blue IMO.

The Jeep Performance Parts logo was altered to include a surfer in it. Other changes include painted satin black accents such as the front grille, mirror caps and selected areas of the front fascia.

The Riptide Renegade also includes a surfboard that sits atop the Mopar carrier racks. There is a blue interior trim that details the instrument panels and side panels. White accents are also used in the interior, including on the Jeep logo that is in the center of the steering wheel. Front and rear seats and headrests are black leather.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Riptide looks way better than the Frostbite to me. The matte blue look is really cool. I could see people actually driving that. I can't see many of the other special things about the model, but it will be interesting to see it in more detail once SEMA actually starts.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Riptide looks great to me, that's actually a look i'd go for.

I'm starting to think that we should get a poll going on this, i'd like to see the split on that!
These are show cars only, only the accessories, may, be available. These color paint schemes are for show only and will most likely never be on your dealers lot, unless they decide to do specials like the Wrangler.

·
Registered
831 Posts
These are show cars only, only the accessories, may, be available. These color paint schemes are for show only and will most likely never be on your dealers lot, unless they decide to do specials like the Wrangler.
I actually think that is something we will see coming down the line. Its supposed to be the lifestyle replacement vehicle for the Wrangler (to a degree) It would be an easy way from them to grease a couple grand...

·
Registered
134 Posts
The Riptide isn't too bad. Those wheels are actually a very nice accent. I think that'll be popular as an aftermarket upgrade. Wonder what the specs are on those?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.