Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, here is Andrew, 38 years old from Italy writing.

I registered to this forum because I'm starting to look for a new car (will probably buy it before Christmas, or maybe january next year) and I'm choosing mainly between the new Renegade and Fiat 500x (still evaluating the Forester from Subaru, as I had an Outback years ago).

I live in the mountains in northern Italy and we have snow during winter, and very strong rain in autumn and sometimes during spring...so I always want a 4x4 vehicle.

Now...the choice is not easy...but the Renegade , as of now, is the winner. I'm a bit concerned about the cargo space (dog owner + I frequently travel to Milano, for business, and I usually stop for shopping there charging a lot of stuff sometimes..) but for the rest I really like it.

I think I will choose the TrailHawk, both for the very good diesel engine and the off road fun ! I'm not doing a lot of off-road but....we have bumpy roads and plenty of woods around here...

Hope to learn something here !

Ciao
Andrea (it's a male name here in Italy eheheh)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hello, here is Andrew, 38 years old from Italy writing.

Now...the choice is not easy...but the Renegade , as of now, is the winner. I'm a bit concerned about the cargo space (dog owner + I frequently travel to Milano, for business, and I usually stop for shopping there charging a lot of stuff sometimes..) but for the rest I really like it.
There is a forum that lists pet photos & some show their dogs in the vehicle.... maybe that will help put it in perspective.
Also..... a couple of us here on the forum are wondering if the Melfi plant shuts down at all during the summer. Do you know? THanks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There is a forum that lists pet photos & some show their dogs in the vehicle.... maybe that will help put it in perspective.
Also..... a couple of us here on the forum are wondering if the Melfi plant shuts down at all during the summer. Do you know? THanks!!
Well in the past (until the 80's) during the month of august lots of plants were slowing down production for holidays; but I think no more, especially in Fiat. They may (not sure) slow down a little bit, but I don't think so at all.

I'll take a look at the thread with the dogs, it could help me... I'm going to a dealer in the month of july, I just hope they have a Trailhawk to try.

We see a lot of Renegade and 500X here in Italy , but not so many Trailhawks.

I just hope they add the tobacco brown leather to the choice of colors of interior for the Renegade, seen them in the 500X of a friend and they are very very good (real leather).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fiat=Jeep

Fiat has a terrible reputation for quality. Jeep isn't amazing, but Fiat literally comes in dead last. I wouldn't consider a Fiat ever.

Fiat = Jeep
Fiat 500X = Jeep Renegade have the same platform, use the same parts from the same suppliers, (Bosch, Magnet Marelli; Automotive Lightning, Koni, Lear, Brembo, ZF, are amonge the best suppliers)

And most important they are build by the same workeforce!:laugh:
To buy a Jeep Renegade = to buy a Fiat 500X
How can you say i wouldn't never buy a Fiat in my life?
As a Fiat (Jeep) Renegade owner ?:confused::crying:

Fiat has selled by know, only 2 modells in the USA,
Both, the Fiat 500L and Fiat 500 was dragged down mainly because problems with the Chrysler Uconnect System!
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...nect-6-5/page3

The Fiat 500X modell don't make it in the JD power Report 2015

Jeep Cherokee = Fiat Platform= Fiat suppliers
Chrysler 200 = Fiat platform= Fiat suppliers dragged down mainly because people don't like the way the ZF 9- speed shifts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Wow,
Kia, & Hyundai at the low end. Didn't expect that. Very interesting!
Yea, alot of folks still associate the Hyundai Group with the Hyundai of old where every Excel (and a few others models) ended up being crap. But they improved dramatically. I took a chance in 2002 and haven't been disappointed. Even though I love Hyundai, I've had this Jeep itch for ages and the Wrangler was going be it for my next ride. But then the Renegade caught my eye. And I can't explain it, but I have never felt so excited over a vehicle as I do about the Renegade. My Family thinks I'm weird.

@Andrew_Ita
Thanks for confirming my theory about Italy not closing down for the summer.
Oh and welcome to the forum.
:ReneBlueWave:

TS

Reactions: Hdreserve

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've had this Jeep itch for ages and the Wrangler was going be it for my next ride. But then the Renegade caught my eye. And I can't explain it, but I have never felt so excited over a vehicle as I do about the Renegade. My Family thinks I'm weird.

It's a jeep thing they wouldn't understand!

I've been in and out of jeeps since an 83 CJ7. I'm down to an XJ and the Renegade now. The XJ is my beast of a winter/trail rig that is old, simple, under powered, and drives like an old Jeep, but I love driving it as much as my supercharged Subaru BRZ with performance mods worth more than the XJ with all of its off-road mods!

Yep, it's a jeep thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow,
Kia, & Hyundai at the low end. Didn't expect that. Very interesting!
Have been driving my Kia Sorento for 4 years and 70,000 miles. Never been to dealer except for oil changes every 7500 miles. Still have original brakes. I can not argue with the placement on this list.

Reactions: Hdreserve

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm a bit concerned about the cargo space (dog owner + I frequently travel to Milano, for business, and I usually stop for shopping there charging a lot of stuff sometimes..) but for the rest I really like it.
Ciao Andrea
I'm from Italy too (Monza)

The cargo space is definitely not an issue: I've recently been in Paris by car (800+800 km from Monza) and we were 2 adults, 3 sons from 16 to 9 yrs old, a dog (30kg), luggage and dog box: I could accomodate everything with no problem at all.

Great car even under this aspect! :nerd:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum!

How have you noticed other Italians responding to the Renegade? A lot of folks interested?

Well, yes, you see some of them , but you see more 500x. I think it's because we don't really need strong off road capabilities.
Most people buy the 500X because they like it, but get the 2 wheel drive version. And 4x4 is mainly chosen by people who live in the mountains, or go skying very often, or maybe they have an holiday house in the mountains.

But you see lot of jeep (Grand Cherokee , Compass especially), and now more and more Renegade. They receive very favorable reviews in the car magazines here in Italy, like the 500x.

To sum it up: the 500x is loved also by moms living in cities for carryng kids around, the Renegade more by people who really need 4x4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ciao Andrea
I'm from Italy too (Monza)

The cargo space is definitely not an issue: I've recently been in Paris by car (800+800 km from Monza) and we were 2 adults, 3 sons from 16 to 9 yrs old, a dog (30kg), luggage and dog box: I could accomodate everything with no problem at all.

Great car even under this aspect! :nerd:

Ciao Giacomo, sounds great !!!

I live in the mountains over Bergamo, but I often move to and from Milano for business (like 3 or 4 times a week). And all the family loves to spend the day there shopping... then we have the dog (well a little one...18kg)...so I was worried about space when we stop shopping and buy some stuff...

Which Renegade did you choose ? I'm thinking seriously about the Trailhawk, mainly for the 170cv diesel engine...not available on the Limited ! Nor in the 500X which I also like, but....I think the Renegade is better here in mountain :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.