Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front cigarette lighter provides no power so I think the fuse is blown. Does anyone know which fuse it is? I'm guessing it's the fuse box under the dash, but not sure which one and it's not in the manual.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Its different than other cars ive owned but fuse is in box under hood. The fuses under dash are really hard to get to but are less common to need. There is also fuse box(s) in the back as well. Its in the manual listed above for which fuse.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuse box under the hood there's the rear cigarette lighter: F18 — 20 Amp Yellow 12V Rear Cargo Outlet Ignition Powered
Fuse box under the dash there's the standard power plug: F94 — 15 Amp Blue Power Socket

But I don't see anything for the front cigarette lighter?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Fuse box under the hood there's the rear cigarette lighter: F18 — 20 Amp Yellow 12V Rear Cargo Outlet Ignition Powered
Fuse box under the dash there's the standard power plug: F94 — 15 Amp Blue Power Socket

Yea i noticed that too which is why I just let you look yourself.;) Nout about the front one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hate how complex they make the fuse box and how to get to it. I am so used to seeing the box and the box telling you right there what is what, but not in this case.

I believe the fuse to the power socket is located at the left side of the steering column at the bottom of the instrument panel and is the F94 which is a 15 Amp Blue.

I got this from the manual. It also states "Do not connect devices with power higher than 180 Watts (15 Amps) to the socket. Do not damage the socket by using unsuitable adaptors. If the 180 Watt (15 Amp) power rating is exceeded the fuse protecting the system will need to be replaced." You could have plugged in something a little too powerful.

·
Registered
45 Posts

It is listed as the power socket- F94, 15 amp blue. At least that is what I believe since it cannot be anything else!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It's not the power socket fuse because that still provides power, so they must be separate.

Too bad it's not listed anywhere and the fuse box under the dash is near impossible to reach. I had to remove the bottom dash piece on the driver side be removing three screws to get a look at it. Now I can see the fuse box, but I can't pull the fuses in the narrow space. I'll need to purchase some long needle nose pliers today to pull and check each fuse... what a pain!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just finished replacing the fuse and it restored power to the front cigarette lighter. Hope this helps others, this fuse box is a pain!

It's a 15 amp fuse on the bottom left.

I found it best to remove the lower dash. It's 3 screws along the bottom and 1 more on the left side. Once you remove the screws it will pop out and there's a metal support behind. I removed this to make more room as well (3 bolts). Ignore the wires hanging down, they're for an aftermarket alarm system.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Off topic, question about the alarm wiring. Did you or the dealer install? I have T-taps on my factory harness, but nothing connected to the t-taps. Trying to figure out what they are for. (5) t-taps total.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
All those disassembly steps to replace a freakin' fuse. A FUSE !?! After finding out which of the THREE fuse blocks you need to address. Could you imagine having to replace a needed fuse at night ? On the side of a dark road ? In the rain ? Never had a vehicle that required screwdrivers, panel removal, angle tip hemostats and the flexibility of a Cirque Du Soleil performer to replace a fuse.

Yep, this Renegade is an amazing vehicle !!

(insert sarcasm emoji here)

Tell me again why I like this vehicle ? Because I do.

Reactions: rsanges

·
Registered
4 Posts
2018 jeep renagade altitude white

Brand new 2018 jeep altitude with (24 miles when i drove it out of the dealer) 3000 miles on it now..i unwrapped the brand new factory provided air compressor ( because this model does not come with spare tire) with the fix a flat can attached to it... For shits and giggles and to test ease of operation,,, and it blew the fuse 10 secs into filling up front tire to 40 lbs... Dealership says oh it might be covered under the warranty and if not will cost $145 for diagnostic plus labor to replace fuse....really this is a brand new jeep with what i was told a everything included bumper to bumper warranty..anyone else dealt with this or should i just except it an move on..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just finished replacing the fuse and it restored power to the front cigarette lighter. Hope this helps others, this fuse box is a pain!

It's a 15 amp fuse on the bottom left.

I found it best to remove the lower dash. It's 3 screws along the bottom and 1 more on the left side. Once you remove the screws it will pop out and there's a metal support behind. I removed this to make more room as well (3 bolts). Ignore the wires hanging down, they're for an aftermarket alarm system.

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
ive been looking for that darn fuse box for over a yr now i gave up so this helps alot tyvm
You joined this forum 6 months ago, created 3 posts. Let us begin:

You couldnt have been too interested in obtaining a solution to your problem otherwise you would have asked the forum and not sat for 6 months wondering what to do.

So glad to meet you and to find that you obtained a satisfactory result and now know where to find the fusebox.

Afterall that is the point of having the forum :D:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.