Jeep Renegade Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 Jeep Renegade

Yet another example of the issue here. 33k miles, just got the car 5 months ago and sure enough the oil pressure warning came up. I checked the dipstick and it was dry. Hadn't been 2 months since last oil change. I had to fill 4 qts of oil. When I took it to the dealership, they only said to keep measuring and bring it back in 1000 miles. I am encouraged to see that I am not alone in this issue, and since the car still has 3000 miles under warranty I don't want to make any mistakes if this is something that can be fixed under warranty.
PSOtis, I am in the same situation. I have a 15 Renegade that I bought last November and currently have 33k miles. Most of my driving is highway miles and I have had the oil changed twice since I bought the jeep. The mileage when I bought it was just over 17k.
The other day I almost missed my turn so I hit the brakes and turned and saw the low oil warning flash on the dash. I checked the oil when I got home and found that it was almost empty! I will have to try to find out if I still have warranty left on the power train or not, but I will be checking the oil VERY often from now on. Thankfully I have not had the vehicle shutdown while in traffic.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The 2015 Renegade power train warranty is 5 years, 100k miles. There is a class action lawsuit that increases it to 6 years but leaves the mileage at 100k.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In a nut shell:
2016 Latitude Renegade
13000 miles All four rotors warped, all brakes shot.
30,000 oil consumption a quart every 400 miles.
New engine, picked car up drove less than a mile car died in the middle of the highway, get it going and pull off the highway, service that I just left comes and gets it. Engine light on. Now I need a new transmission....... in reality I don’t want it back 😞 I will never trust it again . I have a conscious, how do I sell this junk to another person .
In a perfect world Jeep would buy the thing back.....it’s not a perfect world 😞

81 - 84 of 84 Posts