Jeep Renegade Forum banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've become OCD about checking my oil. But I did notice something humorous in the TV Jeep ads...They highlight the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee and now Gladiator in all the action/beauty shots. The Renegade gets a 1-2 second obligatory "oh, and this one" blip. In the full line shot, the Renegade is far off to the side; the black sheep of the family, the drunken Uncle no one speaks of. Even JEEP is ashamed of this vehicle.
Thankfully I have the 2.0L manual 4x4 diesel Renegade Longtitude and 2 months ago was the first oil/filter change in 15k miles and the dipstick showed almost full :devilish::devilish::devilish:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yall are not going to believe this...
I have a 2018 with the 2.4 with 4k miles and I am going through the exact same issues as describes above. I Finally got a FCA rep on the phone and this is the excuse she gave me (I am not making this up)
"The reason the engine uses so much oil is that it is designed overseas and they do not drive that much over there. So they do not need to add much oil"
After giving her 18 reasons why this was not a credible argument in the slightest, she was insistent. Now I know this poor girl was just reading the drivel she has been given, but come on man. Come up with a better lie than that
That's pretty good. Though the reason I laugh (not at your situation, but the explanation) is that the 1.4l turbo engines are not only designed overseas, they're the run of the mill Fiat engines, made in Italy like the rest of the car. And there doesn't seem to be much of a problem with them--my 2015 Lat has nearly 60k miles on it and doesn't burn oil at all. I do wonder if other FCA cars with the 2.4l engine (Darts, Compasses, etc.) have the same tendency for oil burning.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Forgive me for disecting your post:

That's pretty good. is that the 1.4l turbo engines are not only designed overseas, they're the run of the mill Fiat engines, made in Italy like the rest of the car.

And there doesn't seem to be much of a problem with them--

my 2015 Lat has nearly 60k miles on it and doesn't burn oil at all.

I do wonder if other FCA cars with the 2.4l engine (Darts, Compasses, etc.) have the same tendency for oil burning.
Without searching all previous posts by using the search function located above your post above I do concur that people are experiencing the same issue.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts