Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any decent products to keep the seats clean or a wrap/cover? My 4 year old apparently thinks it's ok to use my leather seats as a cleaning device for all of her messes. (My back seat almost weekly needs to be detailed and it's becoming a pain. She's getting better at listening however I can only do but so much while I'm driving and she's alone back there. )

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't speak for the seats, but I can tell you that a Mr. clean magic eraser will take crayon off of the plastic on the doors and support beams. Don't ask how I know. I definitely would not use it on a fabric like leather though. I bet That thing will take rust off a wheel.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't speak for the seats, but I can tell you that a Mr. clean magic eraser will take crayon off of the plastic on the doors and support beams. Don't ask how I know. I definitely would not use it on a fabric like leather though. I bet That thing will take rust off a wheel.
Thanks totally forgot to mention the foot long pack of gum she's got a hold of and has chewed and tried to throw out the window landing on the window. Lol magic eraser it is tomorrow.

·
Registered
610 Posts
These cars are too new to have seat covers available for them. Otherwise, Wet Okole seat covers are pretty darn amazing. Pricey, but they are worth the money. For cleaning leather, Spinneybeck leather cleaner and conditioner are very good and smell pleasant (unlike most products out there, like Lexol). This won't help you though as it doesn't address the source of the problem. Might need to visit a custom upholster to have custom covers made, or lay down something (blanket? sheet?) between the seat and her/or her child seat (not sure if that'd compromise safety?)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Anyone know of any decent products to keep the seats clean or a wrap/cover? My 4 year old apparently thinks it's ok to use my leather seats as a cleaning device for all of her messes. (My back seat almost weekly needs to be detailed and it's becoming a pain. She's getting better at listening however I can only do but so much while I'm driving and she's alone back there. )
So just wrap that little Rascal in some plastic foil to prevent your seats ... :x:D>:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm not sure how magic eraser performs on glass, better read the label and make sure it won't scuff it.
I would use either a plastic razor blade and some detailing spray or some clay bar. I've used clay bar on gum on my paint before and it works great. You can find it at any auto parts store, Wal-Mart, or any store that has an automotive cleaning section.

For the seats I bought a seat protector from a baby store. It works better than seat covers. It has saved my seats from milk and juice. Also, I recommend another type of seat cover that protects your seats from getting permanent indentations from the car seat/booster seat. Made that mistake in my Ram 1500 Laramie. Back seat has permanent indentations now :crying:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Back when I had a Vette I used the Meguiars Leather Cleaner.
I can't attest to cleaning crayons ,gum or whatever else a small one will think of, but it did clean seats nicely.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Also, I recommend another type of seat cover that protects your seats from getting permanent indentations from the car seat/booster seat. :crying:
Glad you mentioned that or I would be headed down that same path!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was also concerned about a child's car seat making dents in and possibly scuffing or tearing the leather seating. I'm using the Brica Seat Guardian Car Seat Protector (Amazon.com) ~$35 - as an added bonus, it has raised edges to catch the inevitable detritus created by small children. It seems to be very durable, covers the seat bottom and back. It's worked for me. Now if I can only find a "seatback kick protector" that fits the bucket seats of the Jeep Renegade Trailhawk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.