Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
second problem with new renegade. car now has 900 miles. when shifting from drive to park it makes a clunk noise. Anyone else experiencing this? also the car has a noticeable vibration at idle while in drive. Sitting at red lights it vibrates. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
second problem with new renegade. car now has 900 miles. when shifting from drive to park it makes a clunk noise. Anyone else experiencing this? also the car has a noticeable vibration at idle while in drive. Sitting at red lights it vibrates. Any help would be appreciated.
I have noticed the clunk noise, also feel like the jeep jerks when putting in park. It's been like that since the beginning, but I've been having other issues that have out weighed this issue so it barely even bothers me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
what other problems?
Water in the floorboards. It spent 2 weeks in the shop for them to find out the a/c drain line had a crack in it. Got it back on Saturday then this afternoon I checked & floorboards are wet again. Strange this time because it's not soaking wet like last time but damp. I took floorboards out to try out then checked the floor again & it's fine. So not sure if the floor mats are now sweating due to the hot weather, or if it's still leaking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Water in the floorboards. It spent 2 weeks in the shop for them to find out the a/c drain line had a crack in it. Got it back on Saturday then this afternoon I checked & floorboards are wet again. Strange this time because it's not soaking wet like last time but damp. I took floorboards out to try out then checked the floor again & it's fine. So not sure if the floor mats are now sweating due to the hot weather, or if it's still leaking.
hopefully its fixed, if you find anything out about the clunk lemme know! and ill update as i go also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine has a clunk noise shifting into park as well. Had it hooked up to the
Computer at the shop and no codes come up. They tested several new renegades on the lot and they all did the same clucking noise. So I let it go for now. I have had other problems as well that out weight the clunk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine has a clunk noise shifting into park as well. Had it hooked up to the
Computer at the shop and no codes come up. They tested several new renegades on the lot and they all did the same clucking noise. So I let it go for now. I have had other problems as well that out weight the clunk
Thanks for the info, this makes me feel a little better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.