Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove the clutch delay valve on my 2016 jeep renegade 4x4 1.4t.

Is there a thread on here anywhere for someone who has done it already. Dont want to screw it up lol thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Yes, there are quite a few threads on this forum as I have just searched for them in order to be able to reply in a positive and polite manner.

I used the "Search Community" bar above and got instant hits with the the words "clutch delay valve".

Search is your friend and as there are so many posts I will not copy and paste a link so I do not confuse you nor anyone as I usually do.

Specifics are always welcome for a more detailed analysis of your query in the hope that the excellent mechanics within the forum can assist. :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I picked up some motor mounts from deyeme racing, he seems to have some pretty good stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So has anyone actually done it on a Renegade ?

Thanx Scott

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes. I have. Beautiful product. What do you want to know?
Are you aware of any installation instructions? I can't figure out how to get at the valve without removing the ABS block, or is that necessary? I've got the battery tray out and the ABS cable disconnected, but it's just too tight in there to fit any tools and you can't get at it from the firewall or inner fender.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Are you aware of any installation instructions? I can't figure out how to get at the valve without removing the ABS block, or is that necessary? I've got the battery tray out and the ABS cable disconnected, but it's just too tight in there to fit any tools and you can't get at it from the firewall or inner fender.

Any help would be appreciated!
I had the tranny dropped and I had all the room to sit in the bay and reach up to the back of the block. Tiniest fraction of space to move behind the block and turn the retaining nut about 1/8 turn at at time. Major PIA and I don't think its all that great for daily driving. Especially if non-caring people drive it occasionally. The delete difference is like between a pre-teen versus and a retiree sitting down. The delete is contact NOW on the clutch. Very linear. Good for some things but not all. Its not good for like the wife's driving in stopped traffic. Hell I went nearly 90k miles oem and the clutch plate was not worn. Like only 10k miles good condition.

Would I messa round with the delete for a daily driver again. No. For racing the Jeep? Yes.
PM me for the factory instructions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the tranny dropped and I had all the room to sit in the bay and reach up to the back of the block. Tiniest fraction of space to move behind the block and turn the retaining nut about 1/8 turn at at time. Major PIA and I don't think its all that great for daily driving. Especially if non-caring people drive it occasionally. The delete difference is like between a pre-teen versus and a retiree sitting down. The delete is contact NOW on the clutch. Very linear. Good for some things but not all. Its not good for like the wife's driving in stopped traffic. Hell I went nearly 90k miles oem and the clutch plate was not worn. Like only 10k miles good condition.

Would I messa round with the delete for a daily driver again. No. For racing the Jeep? Yes.
PM me for the factory instructions.
I've been driving stick shift vehicles for over twenty years. Performance cars, trucks, etc, and I've never experienced a clutch as lazy as it is in this Renegade. Trust me, I daily this thing and miss the direct contact of a real clutch every single day. Nobody else drives my car.

I did figure out that I could drop the tranny and move that ABS pump block forward and access the line from above and behind it. It was a huge pain, but it's in now. It's getting late tonight so I probably won't bleed and drive it just yet, but it's almost there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts