Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2018 Sport manual with 54K on it. Daily driver on highway. Driving it noticed high revs between shifts was intermittent, on highway tonight and was in 6th gear and starting high rev slowed down to down shift can’t get in any gear, burning clutch smell. Currently waiting for AAA now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Towed to dealership this morning service guy immediately tells me clutch not under warranty. Well, a catastrophic clutch fail with only intermittent reving on Friday not driven until Sunday evening and this happens? Also when starting it was making a god awful whizzing sound as well.

·
Registered
996 Posts
How many miles did the Jeep have on the clock when you purchased it? Then how many miles have you driven the Jeep till the fault?

Those distances are extremely valuable to the forum before we all start guessing about faults.

Apologies for trying to mind read :cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought it brand new had 14 miles on it, never been off road. Just got off the phone with Mopar have a case manager for it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Clutches are wear items and at 54k miles, depending on how bad you treated it, it’s time would be up anyways.

Consider yourself lucky that it’s not an E-gear, F1, SMG, Cambiocorsa, or other automatized manual transmission where the clutch lasts about 15 to 20k miles and cost a fortune to replace.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Hutstchvt, so glad are we all in the forum that you managed to get 54k miles out of your original clutch.

You are now at the top of the leader board of the top 3 clutch users that lasted a long time. :love::love::love:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Have a 2018 Sport manual with 54K on it. Daily driver on highway. Driving it noticed high revs between shifts was intermittent, on highway tonight and was in 6th gear and starting high rev slowed down to down shift can’t get in any gear, burning clutch smell. Currently waiting for AAA now.
We're sorry to hear about your experience. It appears that you are currently working with our customer care department. If you have any troubles getting in touch with your case manager, please feel free to send us a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alex,
Thank you, I was supposed to hear back from her today as of yet have not and she did not send me a email or leave a phone number to contact. I would like to know where this complaint stands with FCA.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Hoping for you. Fair wear and tear items are hard to get covered by warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m a Fiat 500X owner but they are the same car. I’m at 72k miles+ and had it since new. I beat the crap out of mine (on road) every day. It sees triple digit speeds at least weekly and redline nearly daily. I’m always watching since we have a CDV in line to help burn the clutch out quicker. But my clutch is still strong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts