Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, first, sorry if someone has posted this but I am not seeing anything. If so, just share a link and that would be appreciated. So here's my question.

I have real shifting problems when the transmission is cold; 60-100 deg F. All gears lag badly until it gets above 100 deg F. Before 120 deg F, it lags from 2nd to 3rd gear. Once it gets above 120 deg F, it shifts smooth at all gears.

Is this common? Do they make a transmission warmer to add on and plug in like a block warmer? Would a block warmer help? Would a transmission fluid change improve this? It has been like this since I bought it at 41K.

Thanks; you all rock.

·
Registered
671 Posts
i have a 2017 trailhawk auto. this trans. has a learning curve (imo). i push this vehicle, hard accel. up to and beyond the speed limits at times. my trans. up shifts and down shifts perfectly. no slipping, hesitation. i feel that my jeep likes to be pushed to it's limits and responds nicely. in fact cool weather the engine and trans. feels stronger and responds better than in 80 degree+humid weather

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude with a 2.4 engine and 55,000 miles on it and I am having the same problem now. I purchased it used 2 years ago but didn't notice the same issue last winter. It lags differently between gears 1-2 and 2-3 but once it warms up, the problem goes away. I took it to the Jeep dealer and they agreed with me but said that I shouldn't change the transmission fluid until 100,000 miles. They "recommended" computer updates that cost me $212.00 but after a day, the problem returned.

I was contemplating a transmission fluid heater but when I looked under the Jeep at the transmission, there was nowhere that I could adhere the heater to because of the contour of the transmission.

Spring and warmer weather can't come soon enough and I just don't want the issue to affect the long-term condition of the transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts