Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody have this sunroof delievered yet? If so, how is it in everyday use?

I ordered my Trailhawk with it, should be arriving in the first week of June.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did anybody have this sunroof delievered yet? If so, how is it in everyday use?

I ordered my Trailhawk with it, should be arriving in the first week of June.
Following - mine should arrive in Sept. Still dont know what the sunroof looks like - especially inside!

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
@nuderobot

I'm curious, are there interior sliding cover for the command view panels? That can be closed by the occupants to block the sun.

TS

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, there is a electronic fabric material cover, which slides over both glass sections. The solid middle part under the 2 glass panels does not protrude down as far as in the MySky roof.
During my test drive in bright sunshine the cover blocked out almost all of the light.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally, my Trailhawk has been born in Melfi! Due to the vacation- closure of the Melfi plant until the end of August I'm expecting delivery end of September at earliest.
Until then, I'm getting a loan Renegade starting September 1.

·
Registered
370 Posts
@nuderobot

I'm curious, are there interior sliding cover for the command view panels? That can be closed by the occupants to block the sun.

TS
I have seen pictures of that sunshade. It's one, power operated sunshade. It looks and operates just like the sunshade on the Fiat 500L glass sunroof. Now check out the dual sunshades on the Fiat 500X. Those are 2 manually operated roller sunshades. The rear passengers can cover up the sun theirselves on their back portion of the glass. Would be great if Jeep sold that glass roof in the USA and if it had that dual manual sunshade versus the single power one of the European only Command View roof.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I wonder if you could get an after market one installed. I couldn't find one with the my sky but my dealer found one that had everything but and then the dealer had a regular sunroof installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wonder if you could get an after market one installed. I couldn't find one with the my sky but my dealer found one that had everything but and then the dealer had a regular sunroof installed.

I've considered it, I've heard a lot of horror stories though about aftermarket sunroofs leaking and causing more problems than good.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've considered it, I've heard a lot of horror stories though about aftermarket sunroofs leaking and causing more problems than good.

They brought it to a reputable place. They use them all the time. I think I refer it to the my sky since its glass and let's light in even when not open.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts