Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 2019 renegade the compass dosent work tried to set it up but i cant seem to get it to work does anyone know how to do it

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2018, and i had to drive in a circle for a minute or 2 and it started working. Cant remember if you had to select what zone you live in?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
791 Posts
This is from my users manual, a 2015 not a 2019, but it may help.

Compass
By selecting the item Compass, you can view and
change the following settings:
• Calibration
• Variance
Calibration 5
The compass calibrates itself automatically, so you may not need any initial calibration. It is required to confirm the calibration by pressing the OK button and drive in one or more 360–degree turns (in an area free from large metal or metallic objects). The compass will now function normally.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Continued -

Variance
Compass Variance is the difference between Magnetic North and Geographic North. To compensate for the differences, the variance should be set for the zone where the vehicle is driven, per the zone map. Once properly set, the compass will automatically compensate for the differences and provide the most accurate compass head- ing.
NOTE: Keep magnetic materials away from the top of the instrument panel, such as iPod’s, Mobile Phones, Lap- tops, and Radar Detectors. This is where the compass module is located, and it can cause interference with the compass sensor, and it may give false readings.

There is a variance map but I can't copy and paste it. It shows the variance across the US. What state do you live in?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had a problem at one time with my compass.

Find an empty parking lot, turn hard left and drive in circles slowly. Mine came to life around 4 or 5 laps.

… after 10 laps, it isn't going to work.

Try a hard reboot of the stereo.

Hold the Power and Enter button at the same time for 10 seconds and release, the stereo should turn off and then back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts