Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What should I expect for differences? I am going from a 5 spd manual to auto, so that will take some getting use to. Looks like my Compass has more storage space in the back, but not by a lot...
Renegade questions:
1. Back seat room- enough? Is that ride comfortable for any distance?
2. What/any are the recalls or TB for the renegade so far, with this being its second year?
3. Particular issues that are troublesome?
4. What are the strength, especially for anyone who has spent time with both the Compass and the Renegade? What does the Renegade have that the Compass doesn't?
5. I drove both the Limited and Trailhawk and really liked the ride on the T Hawk more- it felt tighter and more responsive. Some of that might have been in my head, since the Trailhawk looked way better. But none of that stuff felt 5,000 dollars better, so...for someone who won't use the off road capabilities much...Are there other feature of the Trailhawk, not including off road, that would make it worthwhile? We do get our share of snow in the great North (Iowa)...
6. my compass, great vehicle, came with crappy Firehawk tires. How are the tires on the Renegade and will they last 40,000 miles w/o driving you crazy with road noise?

Thanks in advance for the help...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had 2 patriots before I finally got the renegade. They don't even compare, this feels like a real jeep. Everything on the patriot felt cheap and not well put together. This feels solid compared to the patriot I only have 2200 miles on my trail hawk but I like it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had 2 patriots before I finally got the renegade. They don't even compare, this feels like a real jeep. Everything on the patriot felt cheap and not well put together. This feels solid compared to the patriot I only have 2200 miles on my trail hawk but I like it.
since the compass is the same suv i agree, after like first 2 years i hated it the cvt was so bad. i mean thats my only problem with it really other then that everyone loved my jeep cause it was the zombie response team jeep lol. and it was loud and super slow lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the Renegade doesn't have a CVT? My Compass was 5 spd manual, which I love, but too many times, I am traveling with someone who cannot drive a manual! I haven't had any issues with my Compass feeling cheap, but maybe that is becuase I owned a Mazda Protege before it and it had some cheap feature- so old it had a cassette player in it! Anyway, so I turst with what you guys are saying that the Renegade will feel like a more expensive vehicle, compared to my compass and shouldn't feel cheap!

I am concern that a vehicle with a 2.4 liter and 5 spd, which is lighter than the renegade(My Compass)...and then going to a vehicle with a 2.4 liter engine with an automatic, I might feel like I am in quicksand upon acceleration. Also, my local dealer doesn't have anything with a hitch, except the 30,000 plus Trailhawks, so I guess I have to do that aftermarket. I guess the dealer wants 600 dollars to replace the rear bumper and install the hitch, which I can do cheaper aftermarket.

The thread with issues- I think pretty typical of any make-model-car, about 1-2% of them have some issues. But thanks for pointing me toward it, gives me some ideas. I trust that local dealer will take care of such issues on my behalf.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
The thread with issues- I think pretty typical of any make-model-car, about 1-2% of them have some issues. But thanks for pointing me toward it, gives me some ideas. I trust that local dealer will take care of such issues on my behalf.
True. And to be fair the entire problems/issues forum doesn't apply to every Renegade. I mean it is good to read up on the issues that cropped up but a lot of those threads were from early Renegades. I'd say the most common complaints have been the locks, uconnect software and/or speaker complaints, and the squeaky brakes. ...But again, those were from the 2015s.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About the only compliant I have had for the Compass is the front suspension never felt "tight" and certainly makes some noise. Had it looked at twice and one time, one of the ball joints was replaced. Not a very quiet car, that is for sure!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One thing I LOVE about the compass is how easy the oil changes are. I like to DIY and spend the money I would spend at a garage on good, synthetic oil. Now accessable are the oil drain/oil filters in the Renegade?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.