Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many members are asking about upgrading their Renegade light bulbs. I find it confusing constantly trying to find out what LED bulbs are compatible as they have a different numbering system especially as some are measured in Lums (luminems) and have a lower wattage (W) that the normal bulbs.

Page 133 of the manual shows the following details:

DRL: Type, P21/5W Power, 21/5W
Main/dipped Halogen: H4 60/55W
Main/dipped Xenon: D5S 25W
Fog: H11 55W

Can anyone cross reference the above bulbs and produce a similar list with the LED numbers that match.

I had a quick search found some great posts on the older part of the forum which made for enjoyable reading by some well pleased guys. However they had replaced primarily their headlights with Xenon in 2016. Those bulbs are still available and may be an easier route if I cannot find suitable UK bulbs or at least a UK supplier that isn't sending from the US.

China is out for me as it means waiting a minimum of 4-6 weeks. More than likely it will be a China/Uk warehouse that they come from.

What are those bulbs (33mm diameter)? 1.JPG 2.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many members are asking about upgrading their Renegade light bulbs. I find it confusing constantly trying to find out what LED bulbs are compatible as they have a different numbering system especially as some are measured in Lums (luminems) and have a lower wattage (W) that the normal bulbs.

Page 133 of the manual shows the following details:

DRL: Type, P21/5W Power, 21/5W
Main/dipped Halogen: H4 60/55W
Main/dipped Xenon: D5S 25W
Fog: H11 55W

Can anyone cross reference the above bulbs and produce a similar list with the LED numbers that match.

I had a quick search found some great posts on the older part of the forum which made for enjoyable reading by some well pleased guys. However they had replaced primarily their headlights with Xenon in 2016. Those bulbs are still available and may be an easier route if I cannot find suitable UK bulbs or at least a UK supplier that isn't sending from the US.

China is out for me as it means waiting a minimum of 4-6 weeks. More than likely it will be a China/Uk warehouse that they come from.

What are those bulbs (33mm diameter)? View attachment 2396349623 View attachment 2396349624
Hi I have just changed the dlrs the headlight and the foglights and I can confirm that you can use the same codes and get LEDs:

here are the links to amazon:

Headlight:

DLRs: (be careful you will need the double bayonet code:BA15D)

FogLights:

i hope this helps

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Excellent Piler and many thanks for the terrific work.

I am on that immediately :love:(y)

---------------

Fog lights: BEAMTECH H11 H8 H9 H16 (JP) LED Fog Light Bulbs,60W (30w each side) are only 1600 lums which isnt too bright. Its the same as my smaller garden LED floodlight. :cry:

Drls: 1157 BAY15D has a dual filament but i'm sure DRLs only have a single filament. Now I am unsure :unsure: Dual filament confirmed.

Headlights: BEAMTECH 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs,HB3 CSP Chips Headlamp 50W 6500K Car Replacement Lights High Beam Conversion Kit Extremely Bright (2 PCS) are super bright at 8000 lums. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts