Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this project a couple weeks ago but have been fine tuning before I posted. I installed the Kenwood DDX 396 (with the Maestro RR) and was happy with the install but after doing it relatively inexpensively in 2018, I decided it was time to upgrade a few things. I replaced my 4 Hertz DCX 165.3's with the Infinity REF 9632ix's in all four doors. I kept my Infinity Perfect 300M's in the dash as well as my under seat Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered subwoofer. I was using a Pioneer GM-D1004 (45W/channel) amplifier. With new speakers, I figured it was time for more power so I swapped the Pioneer with the Soundstream RSM4.1200D. The new components gave a lot more adjustability in the output and the power is just, WOW! Yes, I can make my little Jeep shake if I want but hearing things in a music track not heard before, is most impressive. I've not used Soundstream before but so far I'm impressed. More power but also a clean signal. The total footprint of this amp is basically the same as the Pioneer so it's easy to hide.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Tread
Output device Product Audio equipment Camera accessory Font
Rectangle Font Screenshot Brand Gadget
Communication Device Gadget Font Audio equipment Portable communications device
Rectangle Font Audio equipment Screenshot Electric blue
The 6x9 Infinity speakers also add another dimension. I've included pics of the equipment used (sorry not much to see on the interior as everything is hidden).

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
769 Posts
Nice system! I have the same receiver in my 07 Yukon and I love it. The EQ is great.

Which seat do you have the sub under?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. How about some photos from inside the Jeep?
I should have taken some as I installed but there wasn't much to see. All of my wiring is run behind the dash and under the passenger side door trim. The amp is mounted to the right of the glove box behind the dash. There is a head unit picture on another post I did after installing that prior to the speaker and amp install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts