Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is accessibility on the 2.4 l Tigershark engine? Specifically, oil filter, spark plugs, starter motor and alternator? Any really hard to reach areas? Are there any know problems with the design or relaibility of the engine?

· Registered
1,633 Posts
I have only done an oil change thus far. Accessibility to the filter and drain plug is excellent. The Trailhawk has a skid plate (10 bolts) that I removed to do the oil change and this adds a little work.

· Registered
191 Posts
Component Accessibility

The alternator looks easy to change, it's in an open area at the front left.

Spark plugs require engine cover removal, as I recall it is attached with one cap screw and rubber plug in's. Plugs each have a coil attached. It's not a big deal as change interval is 100k miles or 10 years.

I haven't tried to locate the starter, but it's not visible under the hood.

Oil and filter change is not too bad, my Latitude FW drive has engine under cover that requires removal of 4 cap screws and 4 Phillips screws. I'm attaching 2 photos.

Clifton

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies and pictures. I'd probably leave the engine cover permanently off anyway, because I hate plastic-shrouded engines. The skid plate would of course stay on.

I presume no one had to change the transmission fluid or rear differential gear box oil yet? Some cars require expensive special tamperproof bits for the drain plugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.