Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2016 Jeep renegade trailhawk and I noticed I have condensation building up in drivers side turn signal / day time running light housing. Does anyone else have that happen to them? It will sry with a long drive with lights on but when it sits again get water drops all in it anyone else have this issue? And any possible fixes? Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
3,040 Posts
Just buy a new O ring seal for it! Remove the old one and check it out it might just need to be cleaned.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Depending on the size of the O-ring, here in the UK the local Aldi/Lidl shop sells a box of assorted O-rings for something like £2.50. What's that about $3?

Then you have plenty more for all the other jobs will EVER need one. So far I've used it 3 times for the car, boat and domestic plumbing.(y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the answers guys ! I really appreciate it I will look into the o ring kit kinda sux because I have to take front bumper off lol but oh well

·
Super Moderator
1,399 Posts
I managed to fix one side by cleaning the O-ring and smearing some silicone grease that plumps up the rubber a little.
But the driver's side is still fogging even after drying out with a silica-gel pack.
So will try to replace the O-ring on that one.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks for all the answers guys ! I really appreciate it I will look into the o ring kit kinda sux because I have to take front bumper off lol but oh well
I expect to be told off for this suggestion but! On an older car of mine years ago I was advised that there could be 2 fixes:

• Remove the bulb holder . Use a hair dryer on high heat with a flexible hose attached to it. A small piece of plastic hose fixed to the hairdryer with "gaffer tape" works. Turn on hair dryer and aim the hose at the hole where the bulb would have been located. This should dry off the condensation and then re-insert your bulb holder.
  • A more drastic option was to drill a 1.5mm hole at the lowest point of the lens so that any water can drain off from behind the lens to waste. Leave the car to dry off and then cover over the hole with a little blob of silicon. When the lens fills up then merely remove the silicon and repeat the above step.
Whilst I understand that cars may be under warranty I would only advise the latter option on a car that has no warranty and for someone who perhaps is unable to pay the cost of having the whole bumper etc removed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts