Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help I have a 2016 renegade trailhawk and I keep getting condensation on driver's side drl light housing . I dried it out several times and it always comes back and idea on how to stop it ? I'd rather not ask the dealer to take my whole front fascia off to fix light lol thanks guys .

·
Super Moderator
3,788 Posts
Replace the o ring should fix it.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yeah, I recall this same issue a few weeks ago from another member.

MrSig had the Oring replaced and it worked. Just remember to smear a little lubricating gel on it to keep it soft and pliable.

It's amazing how such a small item that costs pennies can do so much damage in all wakes of life from cars, kitchens, braething apparatus all the way through to industry.

I suggested an old remedy from an age gone by. Drill a very small hole at the bottom of the lens or the light mount then plug it with a little silicon once the water has evaporated.

Try aiming a hair drier with a "made up" piece of tubing connected to it so you can direct hot air inside the lens housing with the bulb removed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks guys I appreciate it so I have to find the oring now lol does anyone have a top or a partnumber on where to find it

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Trailhawk, I found a whole plastic box load of assorted O-rings at my local Aldi/Lidl store for something like £1.99

Have a wee Ebay search or if you have a local, cheaper type supermarket like Aldi then try there first. I have used the kit now on car, taps, lawnmower so please do not pay a lot of $$$ for a single item. :cry:

Something like this at Ebay depending on the size you need. (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts