Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we're in March 2016.

I've got an 'old' Renegade, one of those built before July 5th 2015.

Anyone got any newer software than 15.21.37, for their 'old' Renegade with 6.5" Connect (not LIVE).

Jeep promised me an update before Christmas (to be fair, they never said which Christmas), with new maps an the like.

Anyone got any inside information on when we can expect an update, or is that it for us early adopters...

Matt

·
Registered
112 Posts
So, we're in March 2016.

I've got an 'old' Renegade, one of those built before July 5th 2015.

Anyone got any newer software than 15.21.37, for their 'old' Renegade with 6.5" Connect (not LIVE).

Jeep promised me an update before Christmas (to be fair, they never said which Christmas), with new maps an the like.

Anyone got any inside information on when we can expect an update, or is that it for us early adopters...

Matt
Have you tried your dealer ? A good dealer should be able to tell you ..

Very good one in Northampton ..

Westaway The UK’s Oldest Chrysler Jeep Agent

:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear from a GC owner there's a new version of UConnect software that fixes TMC and has new Maps. Not an update but a full re-install.

Wonder how long it will be before it trickles down to us Renegade owners.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let me know how you go on with you July 2015 Renegade. I have one too, bought in Jan 16 - just done the new update and still can't get the uconnect app to work!!
Hopefully the km/Italian bugs might stop at least!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me know how you go on with you July 2015 Renegade. I have one too, bought in Jan 16 - just done the new update and still can't get the uconnect app to work!!
Hopefully the km/Italian bugs might stop at least!!
You won't get the UConnect Live or app to work. Jeep have already told me for that to work, I need to buy a new Renegade. That was after they promised it would work... amongst all the other lies and empty promises they've fed me...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ok have an Oct 1.6 Diesel Renegade with 6.5 Uconnect and have been able to get the apps and all that stuff - never use it but never mind.
Do have other frustrating issues and have just down loaded the update to 16.05.32 and will do it tonight rather than in the works car park ...just in case.
Anyway cant see anywhere what the updates fix??
When you update your PS4 or IPhone they at least tell you what they are fixing ...would love to know rather than update and still find all my annoyances still there!
Anyone know?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've managed to find a page on an Italian forum which pretty much matches my experience of the upgrade.
Nav emergency icon changed.
Text on street names larger and easier to read.
Safety camera alerting improved (not sure what this means)
Nav screen top left hand now shows station rather than frequency - not noticed that ad I only tune to DAB.
Much faster response to media actions from usb - quicker to respond, and now actually catalogues my 32gb drive.
Ability to disable the eco 'smiley' - don't know how to do this but I like it.
Stops the system randomly resetting (I think this is the 'italian' bug.
Addition of siri to the voice command button.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've managed to find a page on an Italian forum which pretty much matches my experience of the upgrade.
Nav emergency icon changed.
Text on street names larger and easier to read.
Safety camera alerting improved (not sure what this means)
Nav screen top left hand now shows station rather than frequency - not noticed that ad I only tune to DAB.
Much faster response to media actions from usb - quicker to respond, and now actually catalogues my 32gb drive.
Ability to disable the eco 'smiley' - don't know how to do this but I like it.
Stops the system randomly resetting (I think this is the 'italian' bug.
Addition of siri to the voice command button.
I was hit by the Italian bug yesterday - took a while to find how to reset it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finally gone through the finance company for resolution for being sold a car that has 'live' Unconnect and hasn't due to being pre July 2015 model!
Plus the transmission is really getting on my wick, as I know I can feel that there is something wrong with the engine. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.