Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love our 1-week new Jungle Green 75th Anni! It's a car for the family's use, but dad is the one that wants to start modifying it- despite the ladies of the house thinking (knowing?) I'm nuts.

I've considered having the grey trim painted body color, but my concerns are 1) will I like it since the wife and kids say "Yuck, it'll look like a Kia Soul" and 2) Will it last or turn into a maintenance nightmare of chips and flaking.

I've done some crude Photochops since I've not seen any Renegade modded like this, and I like the results.

I assume a paint with a flex modifier and adhesion promoter would be a must. Not in my skill set. I'd try PlastiDip if I could get an exact match on color- maybe even go a shade darker. The salesman suggested a wrap, but I'm sure my colors are way more limited.

Has anyone opinions on this, or any experience embarking on this insanity?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I believe a few people have Plasti-dipped them, like I did with my grille trim rings. It seems to hold up well. I'm pretty neutral on the grey trim around the foglights, no opinion strong enough to warrant changing them. The original chrome of the grille rings I actively disliked, hence the Plasti-dip job.

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
When jeep was showing off body color molding early on, it was vinyl wrap.

Unless they coat the stuff with body filler and smooth it, the painted finish will look way different than the body panels due to texture.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My family's outvoted me, so grey it shall remain. Can't wait until there is some Special Edition with painted trim that they will ooooh and ahhhh over when they see it.

I did order the Mopar Brazilian door guards. No idea why they're not available as a MOPAR US accessory. but with my daughter using it as an occasional car to drive to school, I consider them a "must." Since my girls (who don't like like painted trim) hate the idea of the dark strips as door guards, I will have those painted.

One other idea I'm toying with is more of the orange accent color. I like it against the Jungle Green, and a touch more would look sharp I think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love our 1-week new Jungle Green 75th Anni! It's a car for the family's use, but dad is the one that wants to start modifying it- despite the ladies of the house thinking (knowing?) I'm nuts.

I've considered having the grey trim painted body color, but my concerns are 1) will I like it since the wife and kids say "Yuck, it'll look like a Kia Soul" and 2) Will it last or turn into a maintenance nightmare of chips and flaking.

I've done some crude Photochops since I've not seen any Renegade modded like this, and I like the results.

I assume a paint with a flex modifier and adhesion promoter would be a must. Not in my skill set. I'd try PlastiDip if I could get an exact match on color- maybe even go a shade darker. The salesman suggested a wrap, but I'm sure my colors are way more limited.

Has anyone opinions on this, or any experience embarking on this insanity?
You might want to visit Gatorwraps website tho, you can request for a quote plus they have a lot of vinyl wraps with lots of colors to choose from. Professionals there will be able to address all your concerns plus you can request for a quote. They have branches and installers located in just about every large city.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.