Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have constant beeping when driving on certain roads,could it be warning for road camera.i have turned of traffic info,but I still get this double beeping noise.please help.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have constant beeping when driving on certain roads,could it be warning for road camera.i have turned of traffic info,but I still get this double beeping noise.please help.
Do you have the speed limit warning system enabled ? It'll "warn" you if you drive over the preset limit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. Gets a double beep every now and then. Only at speeds below 70km / h. Have tried to turn off all warnings I can, I think.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
346 Posts
Do you have the speed limit warning system enabled ? It'll "warn" you if you drive over the preset limit.
Say what now? There’s a speed limit warning system in these? Hopefully it beeps only when you’re driving slower than the speed limit. 😆

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Say what now? There’s a speed limit warning system in these? Hopefully it beeps only when you’re driving slower than the speed limit. 😆
70mph speed limit on UK motorways and dual carriageways.

I have me beeps set for 75mph and when the wife hears them shes always looking over at me so the increase from 70 to 75 allows me a little leeway to overtake and slip backin again before she growls at me. My screen also flashed red if I go over any preset road limit so I need to distract her at that point as well 😲

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
OMG!! that comment does not quite read like it should. :eek:

This is an example of why seemingly innocent posts can easily be misconstrued.

Perhaps you should intimate "that a safety feature of your Jeep that can prevent accidents to children in and around a school area has a built in speed alert sensor of which you have now become aware of."

·
Registered
346 Posts
I found out why my car made a double beep. The GPS was set to warn when I'm near schools.
Wow...that’s a clever thing! Didn’t know any of this stuff existed.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have a GPS app on my phone that alerts you to speed traps (police with radar), congestion, accidents, road debris and in which lane, traffic cameras, when the road speed limit drops, all sorts of stuff. When the technology increases to the point when the app informs me that an upcoming pub is having pints for half-price, then it will be worthy...

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a GPS app on my phone that alerts you to speed traps (police with radar), congestion, accidents, road debris and in which lane, traffic cameras, when the road speed limit drops, all sorts of stuff. When the technology increases to the point when the app informs me that an upcoming pub is having pints for half-price, then it will be worthy...
😆That’s a good one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts